Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Just finished playing junior Monopoly and just wondered..............

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm a bit of a board game geek. I have plenty of new ones, but the old ones I have are:

Monoply
Careers
Buccaneer
Totopoly
Escape From Colditz
Business (aka Mine a Million)
Scoop
North Sea Oil
Game of Life
Formula One

Used also to have Swindle and Ratrace.

Loved Buccaneer and Formula 1

I have the original game of test match game. 1955

42E47D56-CE3E-4E11-BB70-7318F3BDB013.jpeg

My dad was an engineer and made me a cricket game using a hexagonal iron bar, cut down and etched. Miss, 1,2,3,4,6 out, ….he also made 1 more with various ways how you were out when you rolled “ out” and it had “ not out” on one face. It was good fun for a young lad

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Loved Buccaneer and Formula 1

I have the original game of test match game. 1955

View attachment 143194

My dad was an engineer and made me a cricket game using a hexagonal iron bar, cut down and etched. Miss, 1,2,3,4,6 out, ….he also made 1 more with various ways how you were out when you rolled “ out” and it had “ not out” on one face. It was good fun for a young lad

I loved Test Match. The version I had was the 70's edition, where the bt looked like a giant vacuum cleaner. We used to play the rule that if the catcher fell over when the ball when into his foot pouch, it was dropped and you were not out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a bit of a board game geek. I have plenty of new ones, but the old ones I have are:

Monoply
Careers
Buccaneer
Totopoly
Escape From Colditz
Business (aka Mine a Million)
Scoop
North Sea Oil
Game of Life
Formula One

Used also to have Swindle and Ratrace.

Not a dissimilar list. Take out Buccaneer, Scoop, North Sea Oil and Game of Life and replace with Airline and Risk. Formula one I assume was the 'throw a 3 or 11 and spin out'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I loved Test Match. The version I had was the 70's edition, where the bt looked like a giant vacuum cleaner. We used to play the rule that if the catcher fell over when the ball when into his foot pouch, it was dropped and you were not out.

It’s in the loft…I will dig it out…but basically you had two dials with a lever in each…..as the bowler, you had the first swish of the leaver which would finish on a window that said what sort of ball it was…..then as a batsman you would swish the lever and would reveal a window with how many you scored from the ball …or if you were out!

The scoreboard was part of the layout and you had discs with numbers for runs, individual runs and wickets etc….

Hours of fun.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not a dissimilar list. Take out Buccaneer, Scoop, North Sea Oil and Game of Life and replace with Airline and Risk. Formula one I assume was the 'throw a 3 or 11 and spin out'.

Risk was A bit quicker game than campaign.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

Exactly. Played it this Christmas with my 25-odd year old nephews and brother. It was a cutthroat game and the youngsters loved it!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Escape from Colditz! Now we played that for hours….one guy would always be the commandant and would keep calling a roll call….annoying ****.

What about Campaign. We would spend weeks playing that game……

We're now banned from playing this at family gatherings. The last time we tried (ooh, about 15 years ago or so), we were still there gone midnight and all the women of the family were getting quite sniffy about how long it was going on. I think we finally finished in a flurry of do or dies around 1am, some 5 or six hours after starting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here