Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Jury Service

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you like Peacehaven and working in Palace supporters homes you will be fine :lolol:
No problem - I’d take great pleasure with my work don’t you worry… You'll be losing a few clients though unfortunately.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
After years of being employed, I got called up just over 10 years ago, about 9 months after I had left full time employment (who would have paid me :facepalm:) and retired. I had gone part-time self-employed and it was before I had submitted my first year's accounts. I provided evidence of my average daily income and was paid that. It was a wee bit more than the figures quoted on this thread.

I now have about 13 years of accounts and would expect to be paid similarly. I really can't believe I'm different from any other part time self employed person :shrug:
Unless I’m missing something….

Old thread where the op is self employed and worried about loss of earning, no mention in the replies about claiming what we usually earn per day / week.

Thread 'Jury Service'
https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/jury-service.292135/

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Old thread where the op is self employed and worried about loss of earning, no mention in the replies about claiming what we usually earn per day / week.

Thread 'Jury Service'

Just £64.95 per day, at best.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Thread 'Jury Service'
Just checked and it was February 2011 I did the Jury service and I'd retired in the September 2010 (so a long time ago and my memory may not be what it was :wink:). I had only just started my new company a few months previous and was only doing a few hours per week. Maybe I wasn't earning as much as I thought at the beginning, but I distinctly remember having to put together a letter and spreadsheet to justify my claim :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Jury service was an interesting and worthwhile experience.

I’d recommended accepting if you can.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just checked and it was February 2011 I did the Jury service and I'd retired in the September 2010 (so a long time ago and my memory may not be what it was :wink:). I had only just started my new company a few months previous and was only doing a few hours per week. Maybe I wasn't earning as much as I thought at the beginning, but I distinctly remember having to put together a letter and spreadsheet to justify my claim :shrug:
It’s probably a set fee now, my guess is a few electricians tried to fiddle the system :wink: (Allegedly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here