Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] JP Morgan

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not enough press attacking JPM imo.

Without them bankrolling the whole ESL farce, it would not have gotten off the ground.

They are as guilty of greed and trying to destroy the beautiful game as the owners of the 12 clubs are.

It didn't though.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
JPM are just a business, and like many others would put offers on the table if they could own a piece of a football (soccer) competition. They broke no rules and betrayed no trust.

The clubs that actively moved heaven and earth, made clandestine contracts behind the backs of other PL clubs, their own fans, tarnish their history and actively sought to keep the game “a closed shop” are the ones most culpable by far.

Totally disagree. They have zero integrity to anything but profits and dollars. Yes they are a business but that does nor preclude them to look at their investments and see if they are ethically and morally correct.

On that basis, there is zero problem with Real Madrid, Man Utd and all these other clubs being in the ESL and maximizing profits as they are now businesses. Man Utd is floated on the NYSE FFS. Cannot get more of a 'business' than that. This is entire problem with uncontrolled Capitalism, morals go out of the window in search of big bucks.

I am 100% a Capitalist and had my own business for 20 years. But there has to be accountability and morality above the bottom line.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It didn't though.

It did, just not very far, lead balloon-esque. Wouldn't have even got that far with no funding and all the upset and furor over the past few days would not have happened.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I did some work for JP Morgan a couple of years ago, that would be a no-no now. In fact, I'm going to remove that little nugget from my CV

So did Dwayne I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here