Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh Doig - Hibernian

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But back to the point of this left back kiddy.

With an arrangement in place between clubs what you'd hope is that we'd buy him and loan him straight back for at least one season.

If we're having an arrangement with Hibs but Leeds still get to buy one of the very few players they produce that might one day be good enough to play in the PL, it's not a good arrangement.

If he does come to us and we do , in effect, gazump Leeds or another club, surely they'll be calling foul on the legitimacy of the arrangement we've created.

I'm quite interested to see how this all pans out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd wager a few of those listed won't fancy a move to the MTL.

A cursory look at their BBC weather app, will probably convince them to hold out for that loan to Sevilla

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure. With their best players and the best picks from that lot, I reckon they'd have a genuine title chance. What better way to further your career than by breaking the OF duopoly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure. With their best players and the best picks from that lot, I reckon they'd have a genuine title chance. What better way to further your career than by breaking the OF duopoly.

I dunno... making a lot of money and playing at a higher level elsewhere?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I dunno... making a lot of money and playing at a higher level elsewhere?
Players like Connolly will not be in demand from bigger clubs and won't command big wages.

On the other hand, he is young, has Prem experience, and could find goals easy to come by at an attacking team in a crap league. I suspect he'd do well there actually, whereas he isn't good enough for our team yet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Players like Connolly will not be in demand from bigger clubs and won't command big wages.

On the other hand, he is young, has Prem experience, and could find goals easy to come by at an attacking team in a crap league. I suspect he'd do well there actually, whereas he isn't good enough for our team yet.

Nope, Connolly would be realistic though I much prefer him to play at a higher level (Championship or League One).

But a lot of the players Hugo listed are not going to play for Hibernian.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And I very much doubt if the agreement large numbers of players, especially senior players, moving between the teams. Mostly at academy level, I would expect, with Hibs as a possible loan destination for a youngster needing the experience.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Won't Locadia be holding out for that move to Man Utd?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I genuinely think people are serious over estimating this whole relationship.
Firstly, Doig and any other outstanding youngster will want to go to an Arsenal or Liverpool even if we have 'first refusal'.
Secondly, a huge amount of our youngsters are already a level above the overall standard of that league. Why on earth would an Ostigard, Molumby or even Richards go there next season?
Thirdly, people like Andone, or other players we want to get rid of, are very unlikely to want to join a team in the SPL.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out but it's not simply a case of them becoming a dumping ground for our rejects and youngsters.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Left out of today’s Hibs squad, apparently leaving in next few days with two un named clubs interested- Could we be in for him ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'd wager the MTL (aka Hibs in this case) aren't going to fancy being fobbed off with a few of those either - especially permanently! One or two of them might be mutually beneficial, but I'm 100% sure that isn't the sort of relationship (us taking their best players and them taking our cast offs and giving our youngsters a bit of experience) that the two clubs have entered into.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Firstly, Doig and any other outstanding youngster will want to go to an Arsenal or Liverpool even if we have 'first refusal'.
Secondly, a huge amount of our youngsters are already a level above the overall standard of that league. Why on earth would an Ostigard, Molumby or even Richards go there next season?
Thirdly, people like Andone, or other players we want to get rid of, are very unlikely to want to join a team in the SPL.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out but it's not simply a case of them becoming a dumping ground for our rejects and youngsters.
Wouldn't be the worst move for Molumby - seems to be getting squeezed out here, and would actually be pretty good in the SPL, I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's a bit more nuanced than that. The fact Cochrane is at their local rival should be a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here