Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonny Evans - Leaving the Pitch

Lush

Mods' Pet
I’d like to see some stats that show how often Leicester players go down injured when the opposite team are having a good run of play. Let’s just say they are a very well organised team who know how to manage the flow of a game from start to finish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’d like to see some stats that show how often Leicester players go down injured when the opposite team are having a good run of play. Let’s just say they are a very well organised team who know how to manage the flow of a game from start to finish.

This.

It became more and more apparent. Every time we got a bit of momentum going, down a player would go, on came the trainer and all momentum was lost. It was a cynical ploy they carried out time and time again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Only 3 mins stoppage time though - obviously...

6 substitutions
2 Goals (celebrations and centre)
Twice taken penalty
VAR checks
Injuries
Leicester time wasting

And only 3 minutes added time in 2nd half?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

This.

It became more and more apparent. Every time we got a bit of momentum going, down a player would go, on came the trainer and all momentum was lost. It was a cynical ploy they carried out time and time again.

Radio listener yesterday guys but both commentators picked up on this so fair play for noticing yourselves. Seems cynical and a bit of bad gamesmanship eh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How ridiculous was our corner from that though!?

Evans is off the pitch, so down to one centre half and we have a corner. What do we do with Webster, Duffy and Burn up in the box?

We play a training ground long pass out to beyond the penalty box and nothing at all transpires...as if I wasn't angry enough at that example of stupidity...

Our next corner we decide to tippy tappy around with it once it was cleared and concede a goal on the break. Brain dead for both corners. If we continue in that vain our corners will be more dangerous for the opposition than for us.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
6 substitutions
2 Goals (celebrations and centre)
Twice taken penalty
VAR checks
Injuries
Leicester time wasting

And only 3 minutes added time in 2nd half?

Yes , we should have had at least 6 maybe ,8 minutes of added time with all of what went on , ,
Dont think we would have scored though !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How ridiculous was our corner from that though!?

Evans is off the pitch, so down to one centre half and we have a corner. What do we do with Webster, Duffy and Burn up in the box?

We play a training ground long pass out to beyond the penalty box and nothing at all transpires...as if I wasn't angry enough at that example of stupidity...

Our next corner we decide to tippy tappy around with it once it was cleared and concede a goal on the break. Brain dead for both corners. If we continue in that vain our corners will be more dangerous for the opposition than for us.

Some people seem to be blaming Potter for the daft floaty corner when Evans was off the pitch. FFS, whilst they might have worked out such a routine for A corner, he wouldn't have instructed them to make that play for THAT corner. One of the players - who was reading the game ?? - needed to say 'they're a CB down, get this on on Duffy's head 8 yards out' before the kick was taken. Simple. So ****ing frustratng - we even said before the kick was taken that it was a great chance to get something with Evans off. .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some people seem to be blaming Potter for the daft floaty corner when Evans was off the pitch. FFS, whilst they might have worked out such a routine for A corner, he wouldn't have instructed them to make that play for THAT corner. One of the players - who was reading the game ?? - needed to say 'they're a CB down, get this on on Duffy's head 8 yards out' before the kick was taken. Simple. So ****ing frustratng - we even said before the kick was taken that it was a great chance to get something with Evans off. .

Yeah exactly. Really poor decision making twice in a row right when we'd got on top in the game.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This.

Also I noted they delayed our subs getting on by passing it amongst themselves in defence for about 10-minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here