Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonny Evans - Leaving the Pitch

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Is there not a new rule where if a player is substituted, they are to leave at the closest touch line? If so, this just shows more incompetence from The Complete And Utter Shyster.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is there not a new rule where if a player is substituted, they are to leave at the closest touch line? If so, this just shows more incompetence from The Complete And Utter Shyster.

Correct. More poor refereeing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I believe you are correct, the strange thing is, just before, he was absolutely insistent that an injured Leicester player left at the nearest point with the trainer then let Evans amble off at snail pace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
VAR should have looked at that, we would have won that match if Evans had walked off at the nearest point.
Maybe he ( and others) as an opposition player didn't want to walk around the stadium before going off.
On a more serious note, and I know that they all do it, but strolling off as slow as possible should be a yellow card and any player goading the home fans after scoring should be flogged.
Or sentenced to a day with Two Professors.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The simple thing to do would have been to change the rules so that a player being subbed has to be off - in any direction he likes - within 15 seconds of the board going up. If he isn't, then he still has to go off but the sub can't come on till the next break in play. Time can still be added for time wasting. No need for bookings.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Away players tend to be excused on the grounds of ‘player safety’ of leaving and walking round the pitch.

Two United players in our game at Old Trafford took the longest slow walk across the pitch when the far touchline was a lot closer. And the whole route to the bench was in front of their own fans - or friendly tourists..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At risk of repeating myself that decision had a direct effect on their first goal by delaying our corner by at least two minutes

Exactly how did you come to that conclusion! You have no idea as to whether they would have scored had we taken the corner 30 seconds sooner or 30 seconds later! It might have played out the same or it might have played out differently!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
VAR should have looked at that, we would have won that match if Evans had walked off at the nearest point.

He knew what he was doing, alright.

Defeat had absolutely to do with having 0 shots on target, which in normal circumstances would make winning a game tricky, but if Evans was quicker off, Trossard would have assisted another OG.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I believe you are correct, the strange thing is, just before, he was absolutely insistent that an injured Leicester player left at the nearest point with the trainer then let Evans amble off at snail pace.

The injured player was also Jonny Evans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only 3 mins stoppage time though - obviously...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What I really enjoyed was when Evans, after receiving treatment, had to stay off the pitch for our corner, and we floated it high, wide and 10 yards outside their box.

Genius, that was.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I really enjoyed was when Evans, after receiving treatment, had to stay off the pitch for our corner, and we floated it high, wide and 10 yards outside their box.

Genius, that was.

That they broke away and scored from. Genius tactics from GP. A CB off the obvious answer was to hit the penalty spot but the way we were playing it wouldnt have made much difference. All of out corners and free kicks were awful and aimless picking out nobody

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That they broke away and scored from. Genius tactics from GP. A CB off the obvious answer was to hit the penalty spot but the way we were playing it wouldnt have made much difference. All of out corners and free kicks were awful and aimless picking out nobody
There was a brilliant Mooy corner that hit the penalty spot. No one got to it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

That was just a clear time-wasting attempt by Evens and the physio - he was going off for treatment but wanted to go off by the dugout, even tho he was 3 yards from the goal-line. Cheating git.

In terms of the substitution, it's YET ANOTHER rule that the FA have come out with that either needs clarifying, or needs someone more competent than Mike Dean to implement. The useless berk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here