Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jonnie Irwin RIP

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
We love the show. Jonnie and Jasmine Harman, both original presenters, were our favourites. As @peterward said, Jonnie was a real inspiration. He posted a video on his Instagram not long before he passed away about new windows he'd had installed at home. Jasmine posted this on her Instagram. A beautiful photo and beautiful words.

RIP Jonnie

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
He came along with his wife to a pre opening evening at a pub I managed at about 10 years ago.

We had invited lots of middle aged couples for complimentary meals and I don't think he was quite prepared for how many of the wives were desperate to chat and have photos taken with him, his wife found it very amusing.

He was very down to earth and friendly and considering he was at the peak of his fame at the time seemed a bit bemused by the excitement around his presence, handled it with incredible modesty.

I guess it would be easy to give up when faced with such an awful diagnosis but he used his social media presence to share positivity around his illness which I imagine helped countless people in a similar situation. I followed his cancer journey through his posts and found it incredibly inspiring. Very sad loss and my thoughts are with his wife and children.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Really said stuff, it was horrible watching him deteriorate.

I never watched 'A Place In The Sun' but absolutely love 'Escape To The Country' which he was great on.

RIP.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I have just watched Escape to the Country for the first time in ages and was quite surprised that Jonnie was the presenter. I wasn’t sure what to think at first but it was an excellent episode and finished with some takes from funny moments from previous programmes. It was very well done by the BBC and I don’t say that very often.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here