Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du jour.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is there any evidence dinosaurs wore clothes? I'm not convinced they had shops in prehistoric times either.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
When she gets something too big, is it Triesonasmaller Dress?

PS - I got half way there with tries on a.... but couldn't think of an item of clothing so I asked my good friend ChatGPT. Amusingly, I tried steering it in the direction I wanted and it just decided that my suggestion was great and repeated it at me. Although scarily, I gave it the original joke and asked it if it knew why it was a joke and it did. Here is my chat with it.

I'd like to finish a joke I have half of. The original joke was What do call a dinosaur that likes to go clothes shopping? A Tryseveraltops. Do you get the reason this is funny?

Yes, I understand why the original joke is funny. The humor comes from a play on words and the combination of the dinosaur's name with the concept of clothes shopping. "Tryseveraltops" sounds like "try several tops," which is a phrase commonly used in the context of shopping for clothing. The joke cleverly incorporates the dinosaur's name into a shopping-related scenario, making it a punny and humorous play on words.

OK - I would like to make it better by going with a play on Tyranosaurus Rex. I have got to Tries On A but I'm struggling to come up with a clothing item that would finish this

Great! Playing on "Tyrannosaurus Rex" adds another layer of humor to the joke. To finish it, you could go with a specific clothing item that rhymes with "Rex" or fits the context of a dinosaur trying on clothes. Here's a suggestion:
What do you call a Tyrannosaurus Rex that likes to go clothes shopping?
A "Tries On A Dress"!
This punchline combines the dinosaur's name, "Tyrannosaurus Rex," with the act of trying on a dress, resulting in a humorous and unexpected conclusion to the joke.

I like the part about dress and that could replace Rex but can we elongate the first part to make it more like Tyrannosaurus. Do a word before dress in your example.

Absolutely! We can elongate the first part to make it sound more like "Tyrannosaurus." Here's an improved version of the joke:
What do you call a Tyrannosaurus that likes to go clothes shopping?
A "Triesannosaurus Dress"!
In this version, the word "Triesannosaurus" is a play on "Tyrannosaurus," and when combined with "Dress," it creates a unique and amusing clothing-related name for the dinosaur. This longer play on words adds an extra layer of humor to the joke.

Can we make the saurus part another pun? So like a colour, size or type of dress?

Of course! Let's add another pun to the "saurus" part to make the joke even more entertaining:
A "Triesannosaurus Maxi Dress"!
In this version, "Triesannosaurus" still sounds like "Tyrannosaurus," and "Maxi Dress" is a specific type of dress known for being long and flowy. By combining the dinosaur name with a clothing item, we create a pun that tickles the funny bone with its clever wordplay.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Triesonasmaller Dress to make the whole phrase a pun

Ah, I see what you're going for! Great idea! Let's incorporate that pun into the joke:
A "Triesonasmaller Dress"!
In this version, "Triesonasmaller" is a play on "Tyrannosaurus" while also suggesting that the dinosaur is trying on smaller-sized dresses. This clever wordplay on both the dinosaur's name and the act of trying on clothes adds humor and makes the entire phrase a pun. It's a fun and creative way to finish the joke!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh, and to get back to normal, I asked it for a standard response to this kind of thread and it knocked it out of the park.

Well, as much as we'd love to imagine fashion-forward dinosaurs roaming shopping malls, I think there might be a few practical hurdles for our Trieseveraltops or Triesonasmaller Dress-loving Tyrannosaurus. First, the tiny arms might make it a bit tricky to grab those clothes off the racks, although I'm sure the T-Rex would have a stylish workaround. Secondly, can you imagine the size of the changing room they'd need? It'd be a colossal fashion frenzy! And finally, let's not forget that their fashionable adventures might make the evening news - 'Breaking news: Rampaging T-Rex spotted at the latest fashion outlet!' All in all, while it's a hilarious concept, I think we should leave the shopping to us humans and let the dinosaurs stick to their prehistoric ways!" 😉

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Given that prehistoric times were approximately 2.5 million years ago and Marks and Sparks have only been around for 150 years I think the whole historical basis of this joke is fundamentally flawed ???
Have you not seen Marks' latest 'fashion' range ???

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Is there any evidence dinosaurs wore clothes? I'm not convinced they had shops in prehistoric times either.
Mmm.. not sure.
They definitely had cars though, but engines hadn't been invented yet so they had to run underneath to make it move.

1690314018581.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here