Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Joe Joyce vs Zhilei Zhang

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wasn’t a good fight. The search for a decent British Heavyweight goes on.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hell of a left hand all through the fight from Zhang. Took Joyce apart. Right eye is a closed shop.

Attachments

• 20230415_231120.jpg
    20230415_231120.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Juggaanaut has been derailed
Anyone betting on the chinese guy will be minted now. A huge upset.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Half watched this on my iPad whilst MOTD was on. Is it me or does Joyce appear to punch in slow motion.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I like Joyce, he's a nice lad, but it's probably for the best, Usyk would've schooled him. I'd rather watch a rematch in China with Zhang.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Wasn’t a good fight. The search for a decent British Heavyweight goes on.
Just watched it, a tad harsh old boy in your appraisal.

Didn’t you think they ticked the boxes for what you want in a heavyweight fight, ie stood toe to toe trading blows, obviously more from Zhang than Joyce?

Think Joyce will learn from this, clearly at 37 time isn’t on his side, but he will win a rematch and will hopefully still get the chance to fight for one of the straps.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just watched it, a tad harsh old boy in your appraisal.

Didn’t you think they ticked the boxes for what you want in a heavyweight fight, ie stood toe to toe trading blows, obviously more from Zhang than Joyce?

Think Joyce will learn from this, clearly at 37 time isn’t on his side, but he will win a rematch and will hopefully still get the chance to fight for one of the straps.
Yeah, decent from that point of view but far too one sided. Joyce was never in it. Disappointed because in that situation I’m always going to want the Brit to do well.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It's hight time boxing was banned along with horse racing. Barbaric 'Sport'.

If you went on the street and knocked someone out it is a crime and you'd be arrested.
If you went in your garden and killed a horse by making it jump something far too high, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty.

But if its on the telly and if people have have a flutter on it, it's okay.

Nonsense.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

If you went on the street and knocked someone out it is a crime and you'd be arrested.
If you went in your garden and killed a horse by making it jump something far too high, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty.

Nonsense.
Boxing is a sport that’s saved and shaped far more lives than taken them.

As for the horse racing issue, I thought they had made great efforts to make the fences safer, clearly not safe enough, but good luck with trying to ban it with what it brings into the treasury on gambling revenues along with the profits for the betting companies. 👍

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Nonsense.
If you walked down the road and slide tackled someone you’d also get arrested 🤷🏻‍♂️

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I thought it was a great fight. I bet Zhang to win in the 6th after the first round. Got 40-1.

I was surprised by the accuracy and speed of Zhangs punches. Joyce took some big shots well but he was never in it. He just struggled with a south paw and kept getting caught with the same shots.

Ref was right to stop it when he did. Great fight. Great entertainment. Would happily watch a rematch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nonsense.
What’s your opinion on Power Slap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here