Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Harrison

JamieR

Jan 25, 2020
Permanent move to Everton in the balance given their financial predicament. Would he be a good signing? I quite like the player.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
One of those who, as a young English player, looked promising and then got overhyped. He’s a solid enough bottom half of the Prem team performer IMHO. The sort of ideal player you’d want if you’re looking to achieve a 10th-13th type finish but I think we are more ambitious than that these days, because if we finish 10/13 (and we may well), we will be disappointed.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
One of those who, as a young English player, looked promising and then got overhyped. He’s a solid enough bottom half of the Prem team performer IMHO. The sort of ideal player you’d want if you’re looking to achieve a 10th-13th type finish but I think we are more ambitious than that these days, because if we finish 10/13 (and we may well), we will be disappointed.
I wouldn't ever be disappointed with 10th, that's without my rose tinted glasses on.

Never get to far ahead of your station in football, but still enjoy the present as we are achieving greatness right now.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I wouldn't ever be disappointed with 10th, that's without my rose tinted glasses on.

Never get to far ahead of your station in football, but still enjoy the present as we are achieving greatness right now.
10th is great for Palace, I’m talking about our ambitions.

Anyway, as a fan since the 70s, I need no reminder of the capricious nature of professional football. My point is that at this present time in our history - ie this season - we (that’s Brighton, not Palace) did not set out to achieve 10/13 having finished 6th last season and 9th the season before. Therefore a player like Jack Harrison would not be in our crosshairs at this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here