Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ITV4+1 on now

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Big Match Revisited.

December 1979. Albion v Man City at The Goldstone.

Great footage of The Goldstone and a lovely feature on Peter Ward for the closing sequence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Enjoyed watching that almost as much as I enjoyed it on the day! Forgotten all about Ray Clarke - it was an odd signing back then; we didn't often sign players from abroad we'd never heard of. He didn't stay long, IIRC - and I've no idea where he went and what he did after the Albion.

Time for a Google!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Don’t remember the pitch looking that bad but then the memory plays tricks. I never remember rainy days in the summer school holidays either!

I had to google our number 9 as well.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Enjoyed watching that almost as much as I enjoyed it on the day! Forgotten all about Ray Clarke - it was an odd signing back then; we didn't often sign players from abroad we'd never heard of. He didn't stay long, IIRC - and I've no idea where he went and what he did after the Albion.

Time for a Google!
Sold him to Newcastle. He got a lot of goals for Ajax before signing for us . I certainly remember that great goal from Gerry Ryan. We had a habit of knocking 4 goals last City in those days

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Didn't watch this but thank you - reminded me to test ITV4 on my laptop for Tuesday.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Time for a Google!
He’s at Blackburn now

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Quick heads up

Brighton-man City itv4

From 1980

Last game

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Quick heads up

Brighton-man City itv4

From 1980

Last game
Crowd of only 14k. Commentator said we hadn’t had a 20k+ crowd so far (end Oct) that season.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Crowd of only 14k. Commentator said we hadn’t had a 20k+ crowd so far (end Oct) that season.
no,paltry was the word he used
the old place already looking a bit grim
to think we stayed there for another 17 years!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Pitch looked good. Palace bottom of the league. Lots of hoofs up the pitch/into touch at the end for City that you don’t see now. Strange that Corrigan for them was wearing gloves but not Moseley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here