Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It’s the [insert club] way!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seen this a lot recently with all the talk about Potter and Lampard where fans are talking about “doing things the Chelsea way”. What is the Chelsea way? Being obnoxious and slightly racist? I’ve no idea.

The only other time I’ve ever really noticed it is when used by Palace fans. What’s the Palace way? Taking a shit on the floor at an away stadium? Going into administration to avoid paying debts?

I’m sure it is a common phrase used by fans of most clubs but what does it actually mean?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Brighton Way is a route through farmland, villages and over the South Downs linking with the South Downs Way National Trail at Buckland Bank and the Sussex Border Path near Burgess Hill. From the nominal start of the walk at Horley the Brighton Way visits Fernhill, Burstow, Copthorne, Layhouse Wood, Worth, Worthlodge Forest, Worth Abbey, Paddockhurst Park, Balcombe, Pilstye Wood, Upper Ryelands Bridge, River's Wood, Haywards Heath, Cuckfield, Burgess Hill, Ditchling Common Country Park, Ditchling, Keymer, Hassocks, Jack and Jill the Clayton Windmills, Ditchling Beacon Nature Reserve, Stanmer Down, Falmer, Buckland Bank, Balmer Down, Long Hill, Newmarket Hill, Whitehawk/ Race Hill Nature Reserve, Red Hill, Kemp Town and Brighton Promenade before finishing at Brighton Station. The walk passes and/ or deliberately diverts to a number of railway stations which Norman purposefully added to make the walk a simple exercise in breaking down to daily stages by using public transport.

:shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who is Norman?
I'm impressed you actually read it. Norman Willis was the bloke what was inspired to create the walk while looking out of a train window during his railway journeys commuting to and from Brighton of course. Bloody DFLs :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It is a statement designed to deflect from any personal responsibility (as Frank did yesterday) and also give an impression of grandeur and legitimacy to some kind of secret formula or history. It's hubris. It's bollocks.
Well, that’s both more accurate and more succinct than I was about to type.

TL;DR? This. In spades.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This is the Chelsea way,fact.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Spurs Way is the funniest.

For at least the last 2 generations of fans, what we currently are seeing is the very epitome of The Spurs Way.
Yet they think the very same 3 words mean the exact opposite.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
As "ways" go, the Albion seem to have a cracking one at the moment. Are we now destined to bore the rest of the footballing world to death for decades to come harping on about the famous Albion Way? I hope so!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Big fan of the South Downs Way, here :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here