Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's coming home

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:clap:

Football's coming home with Mens Euro's

Great news that we've beaten off the opposition and been picked to host Euro 2028, I still remember Euro 96 fondly and I think this one could be even better (and we should have a team very capalbe of repeating the womens triumph last year which ended over 50 years of hurt).

Looking at the list of venues only gripe is only 2 of the 10 stadiums are in London (and the Theatre of Dreams is missing?!). Hopefully the stadium in Northern Ireland gets built but I fear it won't and then I expect one of the standby stadiums, most likely The London Stadium will step in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“Beaten off the opposition”

Hmm not quite Turkey te only other bidder withdrew after getting the nod in a joint bid with Italy for the tournament after

Will the Amex get any games?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It would have been nice to have seen Cardiff get the final. Wembley is probably the most appointed ground in Europe for major finals. Platini especially had a crush on it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It would have been nice to have seen Cardiff get the final. Wembley is probably the most appointed ground in Europe for major finals. Platini especially had a crush on it.
Wembley is seen by many as the home as football much as Lords is seen as the home of football and the Barnsley Metrodome is the home of ten pin bowling. The history and tradition means Wembley was always going to get the final but how on earth did some of the stadia get picked ahead of Old Trafford, the theatre of dreams?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Wembley can absolutely do one. The final should be in Hampden. I hope we end up hiring out Lancing to someone absolutely FLAIR like France.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wembley is seen by many as the home as football much as Lords is seen as the home of football and the Barnsley Metrodome is the home of ten pin bowling. The history and tradition means Wembley was always going to get the final but how on earth did some of the stadia get picked ahead of Old Trafford, the theatre of dreams?
Oddly enough, I think Old Trafford needs upgrading to meet the standard. I've never been there meself, but I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oddly enough, I think Old Trafford needs upgrading to meet the standard. I've never been there meself, but I'm sure I read that somewhere.
OT was not even considered. Its a rotting slum now, was never going to get the nod over the Etihad.

Why patch up an old shack, when you've got a penthouse next door.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lords home of football???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:clap:

Football's coming home with Mens Euro's

Great news that we've beaten off the opposition and been picked to host Euro 2028, I still remember Euro 96 fondly and I think this one could be even better (and we should have a team very capalbe of repeating the womens triumph last year which ended over 50 years of hurt).

Looking at the list of venues only gripe is only 2 of the 10 stadiums are in London (and the Theatre of Dreams is missing?!). Hopefully the stadium in Northern Ireland gets built but I fear it won't and then I expect one of the standby stadiums, most likely The London Stadium will step in.
Two stadiums is more than enough for London - there's a big country outside of London, which is just the capital city of one of the five capital cities involved - and most of the population of these islands doesn't live there!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here