It's brighton AND HOVE albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's amazing how soon on a thread things can go completely off topic!! Now people are advocating changing our name in one way or another!

To get back on track, how can we include poor old Hove a bit more? I've come up with this chant to assist, hovefully it'll catch on next season: (to the tune of the old Skol advert) "hove, hove, hove, hove..."

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I have the answer. In the same way that Brighthelmstone was changed to Brighton, lets just drop the Hove bit from our City name (it could just be a suburb) and then the club could follow suit.

Everyones a winner.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
What amazes me about this thread is people dont actually think i'll find all those slagging my homeplace off and ram a colour picture of George street down their pompous brighton throat. :flounce:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Maybe my mind is deceiving me, but I'm sure there used to be a fella at The Goldstone who always shouted "Play up The Hove!". I know I have shouted it myself a few times....but then I'm from erh, Portslade.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe my mind is deceiving me, but I'm sure there used to be a fella at The Goldstone who always shouted "Play up The Hove!". I know I have shouted it myself a few times....but then I'm from erh, Portslade.

I think I heard that too at times. But can't remember where!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

This is more like it!

We're getting traction now. Any more songs to celebrate the forgotten Town in the city equation?
Give me an H (haaayaach) O (oooow) V (veeeee) E (eeeee),
Who's going up?
Hove (clap clap clap)
Hove (clap clap clap)
Hove (clap clap clap)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What amazes me about this thread is people dont actually think i'll find all those slagging my homeplace off and ram a colour picture of George street down their pompous brighton throat. :flounce:

So where were you born Brighton?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
So where were you born Brighton?

Oh funny. HA HA HA.

Now just wait smart arse...

george_street_hove.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
..............that's not George street per chance.............................Gold runs

Yes! and while you bullying Brightonians were prancing around Churchill Square and freeing yourself down 'that' beach, we were celebrating buying school uniforms, cards, fruit, veg and watches on our wonderful high street.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Quick read of this thread and the word HOVE has lost all meaning. HOVE. HOVE. Do we really say that word!?

HOVE. Nope, still doesn't look right. Or sound right.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Most of the clubs history was played at the Goldstone ground HOVE so this must be the true home of the club. Brighton has a long way to go before it is accepted as the senior player in this partnership!

Yep. It should be Hove Albion, actually. :whistle:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I feel more sorry for the "&" as it never gets mentioned in chants at all

Everyone shortens it to Brighton Hove Albion

How about this for a hove chant, To tune of joy divisions love will tear us apart again

Hove, Hove will tear you apart, again

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports