Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It wouldn't have happened in the good old days

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I couldn't help notice that NSC is currently wallowing in Withdean nostalgia whilst bemoaning our current plight. Will things ever be this bad again, I wonder? It is truly nightmarish being a Brighton fan at the moment so it is only right and proper I start another thread about it.

Albion suicide watch.PNG

:facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking forward to the next win. Three page match thread hidden somewhere between Leebrookgull asking for advice on how to tie his shoelaces and some The Sun rumour about the Queens cousins opinion about some cricket result. Much preferable to the "who is most solid at the back?" competition.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yes, it's terrible being the 16th best team in England and Wales, I preferred it when we were wallowing in the lower reaches of League 2.
Potter out!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes, it's terrible being the 16th best team in England and Wales, I preferred it when we were wallowing in the lower reaches of League 2.
Potter out!

Same here, why we aren't still wallowing around in the lower leagues eeking out results and playing in the Theatre of Trees is totally beyond me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's all relative to expectations.

Feel good factor is relative to where fans expect their club to be at that time.

Rightly or wrongly, most of our fans expect us to be around mid-table now.

Indeed. The human condition. It is how we got to where we are, and what will propel us forward. Never settled, always looking for ways of making things better.

In the present case, I suspect my gladness to see the back of Withdean (I can barely remember any of it even though I watched most of it) meaning I find it hard to be sentimental about it, juxtaposed with all the 'woe is me' threads, has made me feel there is more than a slab of irony about all the moaning.

Meanwhile, the caveat: there is another saying, 'be careful what you wish for'. I remember how Charlton fans and owner hankered to push on to the next level . . . . that doesn't mean Potter's Brighton appointment is a sinecure, but....

Anyway, time to go to the shops :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here