Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "It would be a national embarrassment...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure why Liverpool fans are causing such ire.

They are what they are, they always have been like 'that' and they always will.
It's almost as if they've become an even more paranoid cliché of themselves, now nobody ever thought that was possible.

Oh and [MENTION=22135]rippleman[/MENTION] is correct.
The Scouse begging hand was the first one out.

Tells you all you need to know about the owners, team, city and fans.

Great city and people, always have a good time there.

In your little part of West Sussex, you keep being a keyboard warrior slagging off scousers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In your little part of West Sussex, you keep being a keyboard warrior slagging off scousers.

Will do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and the Beatles were shite.
(They couldn't even spell)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought Liverpool was the first club to stick their snouts in the Job Retention Scheme trough when furloughing was first announced and only pulled back from it when the rest of the footballing world gave them shit over it.

Maybe I was wrong.

Spurs were there first I think. And they also U turned. After Liverpool.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm not sure why Liverpool fans are causing such ire.

They are what they are, they always have been like 'that' and they always will.
It's almost as if they've become an even more paranoid cliché of themselves, now nobody ever thought that was possible.

Oh and [MENTION=22135]rippleman[/MENTION] is correct.
The Scouse begging hand was the first one out.

Tells you all you need to know about the owners, team, city and fans.

:mad:

Oh my word, Stat, this post disappoints me.

Liverpool is a fantastic city, warm, welcoming and full of interesting music and culture.

The team plays great football, is not full of dickheads and is managed by a very likeable guy, (I accept that this has not always been the case).

The fans? I have never had any problem with Liverpool fans. They have always struck me as knowledgeable and down to Earth, and respectful of people like us who support our local team.

This knee-jerk dislike of an entire city and its people- whilst understandable from the likes of Boris Johnson and The Daily Mail - doesn't sit well with me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Liverpool is a fantastic city, warm, welcoming and full of interesting music and culture.

The team plays great football, is not full of dickheads and is managed by a very likeable guy, (I accept that this has not always been the case).

The fans? I have never had any problem with Liverpool fans. They have always struck me as knowledgeable and down to Earth, and respectful of people like us who support our local team.

This knee-jerk dislike of an entire city and its people- whilst understandable from the likes of Boris Johnson and The Daily Mail - doesn't sit well with me.

Nah all.professional northerners are the same, Liverpool, Horsham, Leeds they're all the same to me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Once Scouse, always Scouse. I have a number of reasons, including personal and recent for saying that. It seems this particular leopard cannot change its spots.

Anyway, even if the Prem title is deservedly won, it will always be marked with an *. Another reason for them to complain.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Once Scouse, always Scouse. I have a number of reasons, including personal and recent for saying that. It seems this particular leopard cannot change its spots.

Anyway, even if the Prem title is deservedly won, it will always be marked with an *. Another reason for them to complain.

I wonder if they will be having a memorial event in 7 days time? ???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You were doing so well until you made it political.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You were doing so well until you made it political.

Only mildly.

Justifiably too, in my book. Boris Johnson famously made some extremely offensive comments about the city, and the right wing press often uses them as a punch bag. I am sure this is a major contributing factor that has led to so many people having such a bizarre antipathy to the city and its people.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I hope that the right decision is made and that's one which keeps people safe irrespective if the league restarts or not

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Ignoring the last paragraph, I totally agree. A couple of years ago when we finished the season there was one of my best ever football weekends away and we got nothing but great compliments from the locals about out humour and realism regarding the big defeat that day - which didn’t really matter at all in the big scheme of things.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It might be quite amusing if Leeds were promoted. They would need serious strengthening as they're nowhere near as good as their fans think they are. We had 7 points more at the same stage in our promotion year (and gained 15 points from the next 6) and didn't have to worry about having to blow 30m of our transfer fund to have a chance of keeping our best player at the end of the season.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It might be quite amusing if Leeds were promoted. They would need serious strengthening as they're nowhere near as good as their fans think they are. We had 7 points more at the same stage in our promotion year (and gained 15 points from the next 6) and didn't have to worry about having to blow 30m of our transfer fund to have a chance of keeping our best player at the end of the season.

Only £30m? If Dunk goes somewhere for >£40m then on potential alone White is £50m, or not for sale to anyone without the deepest pockets.

The definite plus for Leeds is their manager - he’s a top four manager in waiting so even with only half a team their style of play and his cunning will ensure safety before a ball is kicked. Think Sheff United but without it being a surprise. Annoyingly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
By and large the Liverpool fans have been pretty stoical about it throughout in my experience. But the Leeds fans have been absolutely unbearable virtually to a man. They're more irritable and prone to paranoia and conspiracy than any host of InfoWars right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here