Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] It Was 50 Years Ago Today At The Brighton Dome...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was on a school trip to the Royal Pavilion on the Friday.

We saw all the contestants doing a photo shoot on the green in front.

Can I claim to have seen ABBA before they were famous?
Although in my musical pedantry, I do like folk to know that ABBA had already had a UK top 40 hit as well as a European number 1 at that time

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can you tell me a bit about Brighton Music Library, please?
Not my blog, but interesting

https://bhlibraries.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/the-sound-of-the-music-library/

It was a record library when not everyone had 'gramophones'. My Dad used to have 'concerts' upstairs in the theatre at lunchtimes - where he would basically play a record and chat about it. It was largely classical, with a bit of popular music. And they had a huge book collection, and scores of operas and musicals that would be borrowed by local opera / drama societies for their shows.

It shrunk quite a bit with the advent of CDs - but nice to hear that it is still going.

I think the theatre was something to do with the fact that the building was an old chapel.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I can't stand the sound of Abba's catchy pop. My ultimate Abba punishment then came when on an 8 hour night drive in a taxi across Venezuela. Not only was the vast majority of the journey along precipitous mountain roads in total darkness, punctured occasionally by the lights of houses far, far below, but for the first 6 hours the driver played the same cd over and over - Abba's greatest hits in Spanish. In the end I made him stop the cab and retrieved some CDs from the boot and forced him to play them instead - Studio 1 compilations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here