Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It sucks getting raided by a bigger, wealthier team

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Money aside, playing football in the US sounds much more attractive than doing it in the Middle East but money wins :shrug:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It’s only Chelsea or Newcastle for Caceido now surely. Would Arsenal still want him ?
If its only the ££££££s he's interested in he'll probably end up in Saudi and we'll get the £100mill we want!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If its only the ££££££s he's interested in he'll probably end up in Saudi and we'll get the £100mill we want!!
Would suit me…... when they go they go.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
There are a lot of people critical of players moving to the Saudi league. For you is there a difference between the Saudi human rights record and Qatar's?

Maybe we are just hearing from those that boycotted the World Cup? If not is there an accusation of double standards around this.

Is there a difference in looking away from poor human rights records for large sums of cash or to be entertained by football?
Allegedly that’s what they wanted to discuss with Jamal Khashoggi.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Saw this on wiki re Saudi league. Interesting, wonder if they will keep it in place.

The number of foreign players was increased from 7 to 8. Clubs can register a total of eight foreign players over the course of the season, but only seven could be named in the matchday squad.[44]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, does the concept of tax just not exist in Saudi Arabia? How does actually work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here