Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Issues with train travel (again)

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We went to get the train at Burgess Hill yesterday just before 11am and were told that all the stations had recieved an email telling them that they were not to accept the season tickets until 1pm. I said that we have been using this train for the last year and a half with no problems but was told that if we travelled before 1pm without a rail ticket we could get a £20 fine.

Upon arrival at Brighton station numerous people were presenting their season tickets at the barriers with no problems so I went and queried this at the club shop in Queens Road who rang up to check and they said that the policy is that you cannot use your season ticket on the trains until 12.30. This is the first time I have heard this and would imagine the vast majority of supporters leave before this time, when I got home I looked on the club website and it says 11.30 which confused things further.

So to clarify what is the position on using our season tickets on the train and can someone let the staff at Burgess Hill know as this is the second time this season we have had problems with them as they were refusing to accept season tickets at all on the first game of the season.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
This flies in the face of the advice we have been given. I will take this up with our transport manager and come back with a full response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here