Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Is YOUR router up to date?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you've got an older model, you might be vulnerable.

This is a public service announcement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56996717

BG1.JPG

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Solved my WI-FI woes by purchasing a tp-link tl-wr940n last weekend :thumbsup:

I can never get over how they name tech products. Blatantly just smashed their face on the keyboard with that one.

Apple would have put a glass top on it, painted it white and called it the 'Apple Air Talk Pro'

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I can never get over how they name tech products. Blatantly just smashed their face on the keyboard with that one.

Apple would have put a glass top on it, painted it white and called it the 'Apple Air Talk Pro'

And priced at £999 instead of £25 with them flying out the door

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Don't matter if the router is not updated if the clients, connected to it, are not updated.

As a hacker, it is easy to gain access to the router by using a program that will deauthenticate the clients and when they re connect, capture the handshake and crack the password or pin.

5 minute job.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Don't matter if the router is not updated if the clients, connected to it, are not updated.

As a hacker, it is easy to gain access to the router by using a program that will deauthenticate the clients and when they re connect, capture the handshake and crack the password or pin.

5 minute job.

Exactly - it can even be as simple as getting someone to click on a link like this one.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Not falling for that Haha.

I loved learning about social engineering and hiding viruses in Pics or PDF's.

One of my pals is a gooner and I crafted an email from Arsenal ticket office which looked completely legit with a link to the ticket site. When he clicked on it, it took him to the Arsenal ticket page, but in the background a trojan was being downloaded and connecting back to me.

I had fun with him for a few days then let him in on the prank. He saw the funny side but was shocked how easy I attacked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here