Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is today still Christmas for you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On a few days off and still feels a little seasonal. Took a nice long walk along the coast path then onto the river side. Rammed with New Year joggers and cyclists. Dozens upon dozens of them. Thankfully none of them will be there for next week’s walk.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Back to work for me tomorrow so the wife will pack away the tree one day this week. It feels about right after 6 weeks of Christmas tree and things

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to when neighbours finally remove their outdoor display. Been lighting up the whole street for a month now right through to small hours. Not helpful when trying for a decent nights sleep.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nope. Decs and lights all packed away, off on a work trip this afternoon for the week [emoji3525]

On the plus side, still got a ton of chocolate left [emoji3]

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Decorations down yesterday.
Wife nagging me to do jobs today
Back to work tomorrow

Normality resumed.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Big Christmas Tree Stump now outside for recycling, little rooted Christmas tree in pot now outside to see if will survive sitting inside a warm room for a fortnight.

Decorations boxed up & ready to go in loft, my pride & joy (the exterior lights) all disentangled from hedge etc. and about to go in garage loft.

Looking forward to sorting out my main Christmas present (2 more Spitfire Simulator flights in January & February) so still not over yet!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Decorations down yesterday.
Wife nagging me to do jobs today
Back to work tomorrow

Normality resumed.

Marvellous. I now have had some unhelpful advice halfway through some shithouse DIY task. I might go and stand over her shoulder when she's cooking and offer suggestions when tea is burning. I'm sure that would go down well.

I might get to polish the chocolate off this time next year at this rate.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Which day do Xmas decorations, trees and lights come down? I thought it was today but it says Epiphany is tomorrow. I'm confused by it. It's bad luck to take them down too early by superstitition? :shrug:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Christmas decorations came down yesterday but it was still carols in church today so yes, still Christmas today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Which day do Xmas decorations, trees and lights come down? I thought it was today but it says Epiphany is tomorrow. I'm confused by it. It's bad luck to take them down too early by superstitition? :shrug:

By midday on the 6th. Something to do with the fact that 'days' used to be from midday to midday, not midnight to midnight.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Today is the 12th and final day of Christmas. Here in Spain it’s a public holiday and celebrated as much as Christmas. Last night across the country the 3 kings/wise men arrived and give presents to the children. We are celebrating today

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Three Kings over here in Spain, public holiday and another excuse to pig out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here