Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the greatest ever BHAFC football team ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am not sure how to rectify the problem..

I’ll help you here. These three measures should see us through to a comfortable mid table finish.

1. We stop having players sent off when we are playing very well against teams like Southampton & Villa.
2. When dominating teams like West Ham, Burnley & Newcastle, we take our chances.
3. Play with confidence, aggression and to win against the top six like we did against Spurs and not like we did against Chelsea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’ll help you here. These three measures should see us through to a comfortable mid table finish.

1. We stop having players sent off when we are playing very well against teams like Southampton & Villa.
2. When dominating teams like West Ham, Burnley & Newcastle, we take our chances.
3. Play with confidence, aggression and to win against the top six like we did against Spurs and not like we did against Chelsea.

You are correct that would do but easier said than done.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
After the parking the bus football under Hughton, Potter has been lauded as some sort of super tactician .
Wait till the end of the season, you’re only 1 point off the bottom 3.

That’ll do for me...especially if you’re below us! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the greatest ever BHAFC football team ?

Coupled with the unluckiest manager? :lol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The very same Knockaert that Potter shipped out? ???

Yes, Knockaert has the speed of thought, trickery, pace and skill that would thrive under Potter. If he had the discipline and decision making ability he would still be here. I imagine he was very vocal about his thoughts of how we would fare going toe to toe with the opposition and thought he would walk into many other premiership sides but he could only orchestrate a loan move. Also Potter wants to do things his way and has shown allowing those to leave isn't the worst thing in the world

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would say that this is probably the best team to watch during my 70 years BUT I also think that our inability to kill off or see out games will haunt us come May. I am not a doom monger by any stretch and usually very positive but I do have my concerns and am not sure how to rectify the problem..

I think technically I agree with you, but I just can’t compare watching this team against that Second division team of Wardy, Mellor, Horton, Lawrenson etc that was incredibly entertaining and actually got results.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The very same Knockaert that Potter shipped out? ???

Knockaert had more skill in his left toe than anyone in the current side.

The lad had a lot to contend with in his last couple of years with the club with the loss of a parent then break up of his marriage and his wife and child moving back to France leaving him on his own here in the UK. That's a lot to cope with for anyone, let alone someone trying to stay focussed and perform on a football pitch every week

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, not yet.

A lack of goals from midfield, in fact a lack of shots on target from midfield.
A (worrying) trend in conceding goals late in each half

And only 9 league games into the season

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Lifted from The Guardian match report:

Brighton are a team transformed under Graham Potter, nothing like the side who trudged to Premier League survival under Chris Hughton last term. For the first half hour here they attacked with such fluency they made Villa look like dunces at a Mensa meeting

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I agreed with a lot of your defence of CH (although the strength of those arguments weakens with every match at the moment...) but that is pure nonsense.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I would say that this is probably the best team to watch during my 70 years BUT I also think that our inability to kill off or see out games will haunt us come May. I am not a doom monger by any stretch and usually very positive but I do have my concerns and am not sure how to rectify the problem..

well, fortunately for us all, it's not your job, but thank you for the kind concern

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

The lad had a lot to contend with in his last couple of years with the club with the loss of a parent then break up of his marriage and his wife and child moving back to France leaving him on his own here in the UK. That's a lot to cope with for anyone, let alone someone trying to stay focussed and perform on a football pitch every week

fooolish and unnecessary statement in bold, odd

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is this the greatest ever BHAFC football team ?

I have been supporting the team since 1972 and I would have to say. Yes. Results will come. We have an amazing squad of players now. The second 11 would probably walk the Championship

Behave Uncle. Doubtless the most expensive BHAFC football 'team' (squad?) ever assembled. By that criteria you're right. But by every other criteria you're not right. Knee-jerk thread based mainly on the last two games and the fact that we're not the anti-football dross we were in the second half of last season. Any sensible jury is still out, and will remain out for quite some time.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agreed with a lot of your defence of CH (although the strength of those arguments weakens with every match at the moment...) but that is pure nonsense.

What has my personal opinion of how good Anthony Knockaert is got to do with CH ?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’m not so convinced about the strength in depth at the mo. Maybe I’ll feel differently when everyone is fully fit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Behave Uncle. Doubtless the most expensive BHAFC football 'team' (squad?) ever assembled. By that criteria you're right. But by every other criteria you're not right. Knee-jerk thread based mainly on the last two games and the fact that we're not the anti-football dross we were in the second half of last season. Any sensible jury is still out, and will remain out for quite some time.

You are right of course my friend. Mr Smirnoff had kicked in when I posted this. Still refreshing surely for me to not post a glass half empty one so to speak. Fear not It was a brief moment of positivity, lol. I am back to normal today though checking the relegation odds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here