Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is this absurd, or am I just getting old?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
but why would it make you alarmed or uncomfortable in any way? That I don't understand, what is alarming or unsettling about someone saying Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Hardly words to instil fear and loathing

Maybe 'boys and girls' was said in a Jimmy Saville accent ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’m sorry the Israeli flag offends you.
It is useful for highlighting the anti semites though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not offended by it, you carry on with it. Better out in the open I say.

Like I say, I feel it is in poor taste for you to score your political points while people are dying. But if you are comfortable with that who am I too argue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not offended by it, you carry on with it. Better out in the open I say.

Like I say, I feel it is in poor taste for you to score your political points while people are dying. But if you are comfortable with that who am I too argue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Solidarity with the Israeli people is not point scoring.
As I said,it brings the anti semites out of the woodwork [emoji1303]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Edit: Actually I am out of this discussion. Either fishing or swallowed the whole package. Either way, discussion is pointless.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

If you're going to display such a flag and accuse people who critise it of being anti-semite, it would probably be advisable to know what an anti-semite is actually against.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I agree with those that don't read The Sun. Now there aren't any bare titted beauties to ogle they've ruined it.

Jim Hacker explains who reads the newspapers

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

If you're going to display such a flag and accuse people who critise it of being anti-semite, it would probably be advisable to know what an anti-semite is actually against.

Probably not the thread for this but I do find a lot of people seem to think that if you disagree with anything the Israeli government do then that makes you an anti-semite. Far from it. The American pro Israel lobby have managed to convince a lot of the USA that this is the case, and there is a large element in the UK and elsewhere (In government and beyond) who also believe that criticism of Israeli politics is automatically anti Semite. I abhor some of the things that both the Israeli government, and the Palestinian military groups have done, but neither makes me an anti-semite nor anti Palestinian, just against the politics of violence so prevalent in the middle east

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Getting back to the actual thread ! This is a great example of why so many people are fed up with political correctness . The greeting covered I would guess 99% of people - if you happen to identify as non binary , a Jedi , Micky mouse or anything else that’s your choice and that’s great but don’t expect everyone else to always know about your choices and please don’t have the mindset that is a reason to complain. It’s quite frankly embarrassing that anyone would even think about making such a complaint . Some people have very strange things going on in their heads it doesn’t mean they should expect people to pander to their nonsense .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

You know that valid criticism of the state of Israel isn’t anti-semitism right? ???

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This is something I think people don't understand about making that choice to transition. It isn't as simple as "I'm a girl now, call me Christine". It's a long, tough process involving psychological profiling, hormone treatments (I heard one of the drugs used is freely given to men to treat baldness), a lot of legal wrangling, surgeries etc. Not to mention the stigma and piss-taking they have to contend with.

All of that to finally feel at peace in your own body.

People can say what they like about them but I personally think they're incredibly strong, brave individuals.

You say that, can you provide any data that once Eve is Steve or vice versa that they are finally at peace with their bodies? Many aren’t, and so other medical treatment continues. In some cases they get buyers regret and request a reset back to the start.

It’s convenient to run a narrative that one change is all that’s needed however the reality on the ground is different.

Some people desire to have a limb amputated as they can’t live in a fully functioning body, (body integrity disorder) and for those suffering this condition some have a limb amputated. Others maybe at the lower end of this mental disorder scale will say they need a big arse or massive tits or even devils horns on their heads.

People wanting to radically “change” themselves are sadly simply suffering from a mental illness, you and others can package it up that they brave or strong personally I think you are wrong. For many in this country these people are just fruits from the forest ripping the piss out of the NHS..........unless they are on the private of course or hoping over to Turkey in which case they can knock themselves out.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You say that, can you provide any data that once Eve is Steve or vice versa that they are finally at peace with their bodies? Many aren’t, and so other medical treatment continues. In some cases they get buyers regret and request a reset back to the start.

It’s convenient to run a narrative that one change is all that’s needed however the reality on the ground is different.

Some people desire to have a limb amputated as they can’t live in a fully functioning body, (body integrity disorder) and for those suffering this condition some have a limb amputated. Others maybe at the lower end of this mental disorder scale will say they need a big arse or massive tits or even devils horns on their heads.

People wanting to radically “change” themselves are sadly simply suffering from a mental illness, you and others can package it up that they brave or strong personally I think you are wrong. For many in this country these people are just fruits from the forest ripping the piss out of the NHS..........unless they are on the private of course or hoping over to Turkey in which case they can knock themselves out.

Can you provide data they aren’t? ???

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I don't agree with that article.

Its argument is that sex of a being is more to do with what's going on inside the brain, rather than anything physical.

The brain is the most complex entity in the known universe. We can create countless new words and descriptions of what goes on inside the brain, most of which have not even been discovered yet.

Our definitions of the sexes are clear and yes, simple. We have defined two sexes and we are able to say with absolute certainty which sex any mammal, be it living, or even from a fossil millions of years old, are and through science that can be proven as an absolute fact.

If we are going to redefine what it is to be male and female by including what is going on inside the brain, then we are actually describing something entirely different. Even if we were to redefine it, we would then need to find new terms to describe male and female, as it is so fundamental to humanity and life on earth in general.

In reality - there is male and female and no in between. This is observable in genetics and is never going to change. I fully appreciate that there are aspects of our bodies, brains and personalities which are commonly androgynous, including anomalies, but even with this our biology could prove with absolutely no doubt which sex we are, objectively, without even knowing us.

Every single human that has ever lived, every mammal that has ever lived, can be proven to be male or female with our current definition. Change that, we no longer can be certain of the sex of any animal - or any historical figure. Frankly, it is bonkers.

Actually there are intersex conditions such as Klienfelter’s. Although I doubt that this applies to many of those that identify as non binary.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I disagree entirely but you crack on thinking people are mentally ill :thumbsup:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

This just sounds like someone who doesn't understand gender dysphoria or mental health. Are people who are attracted to those of the same sex also suffering from mental health? Or do you think it's more likely that you're extremely scared of change and too mentally lazy to change your thought process or to actually research.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here