Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is NSC currently the most boring it has ever been?

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Log on once or twice a day to check what is going on and currently the threads seem to have been hanging around for ages. Even then, many are covering the same old stories.
Yes, I know the lack of info from the club and being between seasons is the main reason but:yawn:
At least two weeks away on holiday coming up shortly, so will, hopefully, have much to catch up on return.

stop press - re-schedule your holiday - looks like things will hot up imminently

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well said! Get up to 17,000 posts and someone might start taking notice of what you say...

That wasn't quite my point. I don't think post count reflects worthiness, but if you have been a member for six years, and in that time average a post every three days, you're part of the reason there's not a lot of stuff to read. It's like sitting at the amex with your mouth shut and arms folded and complaining that no one is making any noise.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Don't spend as much time on here in the summer months. Too much made up nonsense, people in the know etc. All very dull. Prefer the o/t stuff during the close season.

Might hot up tomorrow though.....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Were you not around other off-seasons? Other than a few random threads, there's nothing for about a month, Then we get into silly season where we're signing Messi, Ronaldo and Dede :facepalm:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It's been heading this way sadly. Plenty of quiet periods and michael Owen induced rubbish in the past, but google ads domination has taken the edge, and coupled with the kids posting rubbish.

Things I miss - tips threads (rarely see them these days), threads titled NSFW (now not safe for google), the bouncing of old threads that make someone look like an idiot (all gathering dust in the other section).

I was going to start a thread called fried eggs or melons, but couldn't in fear of someone posting pictures and it getting moved.

On the plus side, at least the binfests still happen.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah, the traditional summer 'NSC isn't as good as it used to be' thread.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And this.

Every. F**king. Summer.

(well, every other summer when there isn't a major tournament)

Errr, HELLO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22843441

The CONFEDERATIONS Cup, starts TOMORROW :clap:

Its like a WORLD CUP, but without England's presence spoiling it, and with the added GLAMOUR of TAHITI. I'm especially looking forward to seeing how they get on against Spain on Thursday :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To liven things up, what about a thread titled: "Things that absolutely, 100 per cent, definitely WEREN'T said or DIDN'T happen..."

...who knows what might crop up on there, but I'd like to see anyone prosecute for that.

:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Errr, HELLO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22843441

The CONFEDERATIONS Cup, starts TOMORROW :clap:

Its like a WORLD CUP, but without England's presence spoiling it, and with the added GLAMOUR of TAHITI. I'm especially looking forward to seeing how they get on against Spain on Thursday :thumbsup:

I must admit, it's proper chucklesome that Tahiti are "competing". Oceania is going to look a bit of a laughing stock after their three matches I feel. How on EARTH did they beat New Zealand?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I must admit, it's proper chucklesome that Tahiti are "competing". Oceania is going to look a bit of a laughing stock after their three matches I feel. How on EARTH did they beat New Zealand?

Did they really beat NZ? They are 30/1 to win v Nigeria. Might be worth a quid!

Not too tempted by the 5000/1 on offer for them to lift the trophy, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here