Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Is it time to look at fixed rate prices for gas & electricity

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I have fixed from Jan 24 to Jan 25 with EDF. Slightly cheaper than the variable after the January increase and I’ll suck up the proposed decrease in April as gas usage is very small outside winter months. £75 exit fee if the prices ended up dropping big time, no worry about big increases if it goes that way for next early winter.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I came off a fixed last week, the new fixed rates were line (+-£100) with the standard variable rates on British Gas. This was the day before the energy price cap for January 2024 was announced but can’t see that having too much swing on the SVR
Only 2 of us in our house and our average is well below the UK average that is often used for the price cap.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now the price cap for the next three months has come into effect I’m revisiting the idea of fixing for either the next 12 months or 24 …I’m currently with OVO

Anyone else giving this consideration as the long predicted fall has come into being.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now the price cap for the next three months has come into effect I’m revisiting the idea of fixing for either the next 12 months or 24 …I’m currently with OVO

Anyone else giving this consideration as the long predicted fall has come into being.

Didn’t it come into effect on the 1st?

With fixing, late summer often seems good, when all the experts optimistically forecast a winter of lower bills. Which then goes wrong in October as Putin and OPEC+ via Cornwall Insight spread gloom.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didn’t it come into effect on the 1st?

With fixing, late summer often seems good, when all the experts optimistically forecast a winter of lower bills. Which then goes wrong in October as Putin and OPEC+ via Cornwall Insight spread gloom.
Yep it did …and the quotes I’m seeing take this into account ….maybe early summer would be a better idea …obvs dependant on predictions coming true, availability of fixes and world events 👀

Latest from MSE

IMG_2066.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here