Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it morally wrong to give a street drinker a load of booze?

Yes or no

• Yes: Would you twice about giving it to a middle-class home boozer who sinks a bottle of red a day

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No: Don't give the homeless anything; how will it help them? They'll just waste it on, er, booze.

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Where do you live? I will take them off your hands if you really want to give them away.

I'm all for giving it to the chap, but all six bottles might be a bit extreme.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Surely the thing to do is to go back to your student days and make a punch?

If you want to add a bit of an extra kick whack a gram of MDMA in said punch, invite the neighbours round and get really mashed up!* :rave:

*Probably best not to do it on a school night though.

Oct 25, 2003
the answer is definitely "no"....don't give them money either (give them food, or point them in the direction of one of the many free food services around the city)

a sizable percentage of our "street community" have quite bad addiction problems, some of them are working hard to battle that so giving them booze (especially spirits) isn't going to help them at all

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As you might know I am having a big house clear out. Programmes and shirts have gone, half my wardrobe is in the charity shop and my next purge is the drinks shelf. I like things to go to a good home where they will be used lovingly so I wonder if the stomach of the local street drinker is a good home for 6 bottles of spirits getting dusty in my kitchen? I prefer to not be judgemental about his situation and he seemingly likes his drink so this seems suitable for both parties.

What do you think?

Poll to follow.

if you're worried about it why don't you pour it down the sink.....ffs, OR why dont you take it to GERMANY with you next time you chugg off..!!
if you give him your six bottles of low grade spirits he is likely to require an ambulance within 24 hours ....this place is going down the f***ing tubes i swear.:rant:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
the answer is definitely "no"....don't give them money either (give them food, or point them in the direction of one of the many free food services around the city)

a sizable percentage of our "street community" have quite bad addiction problems, some of them are working hard to battle that so giving them booze (especially spirits) isn't going to help them at all

Conversely Alcoholics who are suddenly without Alcohol find themselves fitting and experiencing potentially fatal detox symptoms. In that instance giving them booze is, literally, a life saver. When I worked in Casualty we had a French guy brought in with severe DTs, the consultant told him to go and buy a bottle of Vodka and keep drinking until he returned home to France for a proper medical detox.

If the OP does not wish to involve himself in the morals of individuals addictions and just wants to keep a drunkard pickled enough to limp on for a few days then fine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here