Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is It just me but do you think we will struggle next season?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ward coming back....the lad Toko from Grasshoppers to add bite to midfield, Joe Cole for some creativity, and a possible on-loan Italian international keeper.....

we should be okay :thumbsup:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Plus the World CUP hasn't even begun yet so Tony and Timmy are yet to formulate their shopping list of international galacticos to play alongside Joe Cole.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I spent a lot of time being concerned that if come September we have a weakened team then we will be weaker. Then I realised that if we have a strengthened team then we will be stronger, and am now much happier.

I hope that this puts your mind at rest.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I feel a lot more positive now that Lopez has gone and I had run out of patience with Orlandi. Casper Anks is better than Brez and with Koosh gone as well it gives Walton a chance to step up in the order. We obviously need to sign another young but experienced goalkeeper, there must be some targets out there.

With Burke lacking in charisma but probably good in the office, we need a British manager who can draw players in on loan or otherwise.

I can see Sherwood, Hughton or Malky being a good draw for players and they all have good Prem contacts, but when we do get the next manager, if we do any 2 or 3 year deals lets make it clear to the fans that there is an easy get out clause after one season for both parties so we can have an honest end to the season.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Not concerned at all.

Sorry to see PIG go, but have not looked forward to the next match this much for 2 years.

Off course this could all change if the next manager is Diego Sanchez Poyet Manuel Garica.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I feel a lot more positive now that Lopez has gone and I had run out of patience with Orlandi. Casper Anks is better than Brez and with Koosh gone as well it gives Walton a chance to step up in the order. We obviously need to sign another young but experienced goalkeeper, there must be some targets out there.

With Burke lacking in charisma but probably good in the office, we need a British manager who can draw players in on loan or otherwise.

I can see Sherwood, Hughton or Malky being a good draw for players and they all have good Prem contacts, but when we do get the next manager, if we do any 2 or 3 year deals lets make it clear to the fans that there is an easy get out clause after one season for both parties so we can have an honest end to the season.
As much as I want to give you a thumbs down, I completely agree with what you have said there! :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm not trying to fish or anything but with the release of 6 players, also the one's that have gone back to their parent clubs. I got a feeling If we don't get players In we are really going to struggle next season. Am I the only one who feels this apprehension? I really hope I'm just being paranoid over nothing and the club bring in some decent players and manager. :ffsparr:

I thought if Gus Poyet left we might get relegated. The transition to a different style might have been catastrophic. The same applies now.

I am glad that Bruno gets a contract. He is a proper full back. I though Gus Poyet might have made a bid for him in January.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I'm not trying to fish or anything but with the release of 6 players, also the one's that have gone back to their parent clubs. I got a feeling If we don't get players In we are really going to struggle next season. Am I the only one who feels this apprehension? I really hope I'm just being paranoid over nothing and the club bring in some decent players and manager. :ffsparr:
its far too early to say we will struggle

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Depends.

The array of players leaving will hopefully save a fortune in payroll costs, and adding that saving to the transfer fees received in January - if most of that is used to acquire a few better players with pace who not-injury prone, then with a progressive-thinking Manager, we should be set up nicely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the old cliches will be working overtime next season, starting with 'We Need A Signing Of Intent' over the Summer, followed by 'The New Players Need Time To Gel' until the end of the year. For the first quarter of 2015 there will be widespread bemoaning 'The Lack Of Activity In The Transfer Window' followed in quarter 2 by an overwrought 'If You're Not Happy With 10th Place Go And Support ManU'. Just a hunch.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think we will struggle to get into the play-offs perhaps but that is not the be all and end all. You have to do something when you get there !!

We may also be mid-table.

I do though believe the team will be more entertaining.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we are back into the mix with the likes of boro , reading , ipswich , leeds , sheff weds , wolves oh and wigan , blackburn , bolton and bournemouth.......the sooner we sort out a manager the better although i have come round to the way of thinking that the club do not want prem football for 3 to 4 years yet....we are no-where near ready and if derby beat qpr we will have three more clubs with parachute payments to contend with......not too excited about next season tbh.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think the old cliches will be working overtime next season, starting with 'We Need A Signing Of Intent' over the Summer, followed by 'The New Players Need Time To Gel' until the end of the year. For the first quarter of 2015 there will be widespread bemoaning 'The Lack Of Activity In The Transfer Window' followed in quarter 2 by an overwrought 'If You're Not Happy With 10th Place Go And Support ManU'. Just a hunch.

Never :lolol:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think the old cliches will be working overtime next season, starting with 'We Need A Signing Of Intent' over the Summer, followed by 'The New Players Need Time To Gel' until the end of the year. For the first quarter of 2015 there will be widespread bemoaning 'The Lack Of Activity In The Transfer Window' followed in quarter 2 by an overwrought 'If You're Not Happy With 10th Place Go And Support ManC'. Just a hunch.

Corrected for you, but otherwise :lolol: - ManU won't make 10th themselves!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought if Gus Poyet left we might get relegated. The transition to a different style might have been catastrophic. The same applies now.

I am glad that Bruno gets a contract. He is a proper full back. I though Gus Poyet might have made a bid for him in January.

A proper fullback? Please expand.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think simply making the play-offs was very important because you're then regarded as a promotion contender for the following season, more so when it's back-to-back top 6 finishes. You'd expect former Prem managers like Malky Mackay and Tim Sherwood to draw the line at top-end Championship clubs or above, and that line is 6th place. Below that the positions are either locked up or the clubs are unstable.

Above us there's WBA, Norwich going begging, possibly West Ham. If the latter Gus could get that and Sunderland might become available. Either way, there aren't that many jobs likely to be floating about.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are 12 players short, but apparently Nzuzi has signed, and we have offered contracts to Ankers, Calderon, Bruno and Upson.

So we need to sign ~7 more with around 7 weeks until pre-season starts.

Bit early to worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here