Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is 28500 still the capacity for Saturday?

when you get a ticket at the Amex it is for a specific seat! if a season ticket holder decides that day not to turn up how the hell can the club sell their seat???

They wouldn't - they could sell say 29,000, safe in the knowledge that there have been at least 1000 no shows every game.

All seats in the stadium are now open and I believe there is a certificate for all stands. The only issue to increase the 28500 figure is to show the transport works ok.

If say 29000 were sold but the ground is only good for 28500, it makes no difference what 500 seats are not occupied.

you're missing the point - the ticket HAS to be for a specific seat. the club CANNOT sell a ticket with just access to the ground to find a space or duplicate a seat number

I'm not missing the point, but I may have not conveyed my side of the argument to you very well.

A) There are 30750 full functional seats in the Amex - all of which can be used and all of which have been certified as safe to use.
B) However, the maximum number of spectators that are currently allowed into the Amex for a game is limited to 28500
C) When the club sell tickets, they can be very confident that about 5% (circa 1500) will not show up
D) Even if the club took a cautious approach and sold say 29000 seats - they could be very confident that no more than 28500 would attend.
E) Of those who attend, all will have a seat - the one on their ticket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
you're missing the point - the ticket HAS to be for a specific seat. the club CANNOT sell a ticket with just access to the ground to find a space or duplicate a seat number

I think you're missing his point. We're currently leaving 1500 seats unsold because of the 28.5 k safety limit. When it comes to matchday there are usually 2500 seats empty: 1500 unsold + 1000 no shows.

The suggestion made is that we sell 500 of the normally unsold seats in the assumption that there will always be 1000 no shows. However, there is always the chance that there will be fewer no shows than normal for a big game in nice weather, so it's not worth the risk just to shift another 500 tickets.

Ok I see that side of it however the club cannot surely assume people won't turn up and risk facing penalties if too many people are attend. Much as it's a nice thought the maximum tickets sold can only be 28.5k

Personally, I think they can.

Historic date would show the most/fewest no shows. Going 'cautious' on these figures should ensure no limits are breached.

They may already have some info from non-attendees's if those who can't make it have already made their ticket available in the exchange.

As it stands the only areas that are not being sold are some of S1B and half of S1G. These are the sterlie areas and my guestimate here is about 500 seats. And then there is the shelf. Is this 250 ish?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Charlton got 2000 and sold them. They didn't ask for more (according to Insider)

Leicester's allocation was also 2000: Away Tickets

They don't know what time of day is!

Foxes fans have snapped up the full allocation of 1,700 tickets for the 3pm kick off, meaning a fantastic atmosphere is in store for City as they look to move back into the play-off positions.

Brighton Sold Out

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why are we allocating Leicester only 1,700 , yet Charlton got 2,000, Palace 2700 ? All seems strange unless Leicester, Charlton sent back unsolds ?

They had some proper idiots following them last time . Could be related.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is trouble on Saturday

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
As much as I like the banter between fans so like a large away following,Im happy that only 1700 Leicester fans will be at the Amex for such a big match.
We can knock the stuffing out of their season with a victory.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
come to think of it some Leicester fans did behave like cocky twats at Brighton station and on the trains last year. Quite happy to see only 1700 at the amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here