Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Iran update.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Problems inside Iran so, time to start another " patriotic" incident to get everybody all backing the Mullahs.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
One has to hope that the case of NZR will not be affected although no doubt Iran will see it different.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
One has to hope that the case of NZR will not be affected although no doubt Iran will see it different.

There is one thing in life after being on this planet for a long time that I still can't reconcile.
I've met many people from Iran and they're wonderful people. I know people who've been
to Iran and they get nothing but warmth and hospitality from the people. And yet you have
head-cases running the country. Oh, hold on, the penny's just dropped. Boris!! Ignore this
post please.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Iran's Leaders must have a Death Wish, Israel clearly has Nuclear Weapons and has presumably only restrained itself due to the USA pressure.

Went to Israel a few years ago to look at the Holy Land Sites with Mrs Jakarta and my late Mother-in-Law.

My clearest impression was a country which is at war, has got used to it and is very prepared to take it to the next level.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Iran is a huge problem mainly because it is the biggest backer of terrorist groups in the Middle East . It hates America , Israel and the west in general . Shame because the majority of its population are quite decent people other than the extremists .

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Iran is a huge problem mainly because it is the biggest backer of terrorist groups in the Middle East . It hates America , Israel and the west in general . Shame because the majority of its population are quite decent people other than the extremists .

and the rest of the Sunni middle east.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Its a successful strategy to prevent the US and its allies to bomb the shit out of the country, take control over natural resources and send the population into (more) poverty. Iran could never win a traditional war against these bloodsuckers and understood early that they need to adapt to the modern way of asymmetric warfare.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There has been a war going on between Israel and Iran for many years partly because Israel help the old Shah who the current regime over threw in 1980 and partly because Israel is closely aligned with the west (not just the US). The active fighting has generally taken place in Lebanon with the Hezbollah group who are backed by Iran and has been going on for many years. More recently Israel has teamed up with Saudi Arabia and the UAE as all see Iran as a major threat which has led to Israel actively helping some of the Sunni (Terrorists?) in Syria in their fight against Asad who is backed by Iran. Saudi is fighting teh Iran backed Houthi rebels in Yemen.

Both want to avoid a direct conflict at the moment though Israel has on more than one occasion bombed Iran directly (nuclear power stations) and has assassinated nuclear scientists. Iran has sent troops into Syria who have fired on Israel so things are hotting up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here