Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] IOC want vaccine priority for athletes so the Olympics can go ahead.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For the record I and many others think the 2012 Olympics were faked.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can’t see this suggestion being popular, might have to knock the Tokyo games on the head again, and then start again in 2024 rather than clashing with the World Cup (if that even goes ahead in 2022)

There was some representative of the police yesterday, saying they should all get priority ahead of current format.

Not diminishing the fine work they do, but why not people working in supermarkets or boots who have to work also in public facing positions.

Think they system currently is correct, must be highest risk of death or hospitalisation that goes first regardless of any profession or sporting event.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
There was some representative of the police yesterday, saying they should all get priority ahead of current format.

Not diminishing the fine work they do, but why not people working in supermarkets or boots who have to work also in public facing positions.

The difference, I suppose, is that the police are forced into not maintaining social distancing when making arrests. In addition, the person being arrested might be shouting, spitting etc. But to jump the queue there would need to be evidence that the police have been disproportionately affected by Covid.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Really? That's great! Cheered me up :thumbsup:

Not going to defend HMG as whole management has not been great has it, more flip flops than the Bahamas.

But I was enthused when they said that so far we in little old UK had vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe combined.

ofc that will change and is due to approval dates, but still, small mercies.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not going to defend HMG as whole management has not been great has it, more flip flops than the Bahamas.

But I was enthused when they said that so far we in little old UK had vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe combined.

ofc that will change and is due to approval dates, but still, small mercies.

I am anticipating that the EU’s boxes of vaccine have been stuck down with bureaucratic tape.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just caught fail end of debate on Five live, someone suggesting that the Police should all e vaccinated before the vulnerable, Not sure if it was from a police force, the thinking was that the vulnerable should not need vaccine right away as they should be shielding.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We are finding out very quickly , and very expensively (lives ) that we KNOW sweet felicity about how long Covid will last . Just when we thought we did , we found a new strain . It`s a no brainer , NHS and the vulnerable followed by high risk and the old . Then go down the line 50s 40s so on , but prime specimens who would suffer the least risk is plain wrong . Talk about getting your priorities right !

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Why would the citizens of any nation allow their government to ever host the Olympics again? It's a total scam and it's cost is just indefensible, the IOC should let China permanently host it!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can’t see this suggestion being popular, might have to knock the Tokyo games on the head again, and then start again in 2024 rather than clashing with the World Cup (if that even goes ahead in 2022)

I'd say cancel the Qatar World Cup and have the Olympics instead.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's not just the athletes tho is it. There's a huge number of people involved in making the Olympics happen at ground level, everything from judges to medical staff to athlete village staff to transport drivers etc etc

The BBC send more people to cover it than there are athletes in our team.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
one doesnt just build a factory for pharmaceuticals in a couple of months. AstraZeneca have this covered, production capacity for 3 billion dose worldwide.

well .....i say one does , the Chinese managed it and had a jolly old new years bash in wuhan to prove it .....google it if you like , sick of spoon feeding you lemmings ., stitched up good and propper .....watch your backs ....:annoyed:

millions of people are not going to recover from this ......its a ****ing shit show .

plenty of mounted coppers out on new years eve "poilicing " the non existent crowds .....not a mask amongst them ......stitch up , i'm not saying it's not real , i'm saying the way it is being handled is ABYSSMAL...!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here