Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Investing in REITs

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
How does anyone get started with this sort of thing? Some firms guarantee a 7% yield even in today's economy so, how does one know which companies are safe to start with.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I'd be very wary of anything with the word guaranteed in it. REITs are an awkward one as they profess to give greater liquidity than they actually do, and would suggest they're probably only suitable for a sophisticated investor with a well diversified portfolio.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
What’s a REIT I’m guessing it’s something from Yorkshire as in REIT let’s get gowing

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Return based on rental income, so bound to be attractive at the moment. As always with anything financial your risk is the safety of your capital. There will be dodgy products out there so be careful of the best deals with names you have never heard of.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Return based on rental income, so bound to be attractive at the moment. As always with anything financial your risk is the safety of your capital. There will be dodgy products out there so be careful of the best deals with names you have never heard of.
Thank you

I do have a personal dislike of private landlords obviously they are not all evil selfish money grabbing b*******s only interested in feathering their own nests at the expense of others.

we as a nation really should be building for rental proper homes with rent rates fixed to local pay levels.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
How does anyone get started with this sort of thing? Some firms guarantee a 7% yield even in today's economy so, how does one know which companies are safe to start with.
Don’t think you get any cover up to £85,000 like you would with say a fixed rate Bond . You can get around 4.5% fixed at the moment , you don’t realtneed to do anything risky with this type of investor or dare I say it even shares at the moment . Take advantage of the highest fixed rate bonds over the last 10 years . No broker fees to pay either !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Forget them.

I'll give you +10% over 6 months.

Obviously there is a chance I am dodgy.

The above is for illustration purposes.

Lol.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Real Estate Investment Trusts...

A lot of them seem to be trading at below their NAV (net asset value) right now so there may be value if you are selective.

My advice is do your homework as some as cheap for a reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here