Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] International 'Break' - first week of September

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
With PL fixtures due to start on the weekend of 12th September, I hadn't appreciated that this is planned to be preceded by a 2 match international 'break'. England are due to play Nations League games against Iceland on the 5th and in Denmark on the 8th. Presumably, our international players are still planned to be scattered to the 4 corners in the week running up to the start of the season?

This raises a number of issues, not least the difficulty for GP in preparing an opening day side, never mind the uncertainty of potential quarantining for those travelling back from proscribed countries.

Anyone have better information on whether these international games are likely to happen as planned?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Let's face it the idea of running the Nations League this season is mental.
Of all the competitions that could and should have been binned off, it's this one.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's about this time that I book my 'big' holiday. Based around the international fixtures plus a weekend where the Albion are away somewhere up north. Newcastle fitted perfectly recently.
Sadly there is a lot missing this year. No big holiday (don't trust going overseas) and doubt if I'll be at any games this year (my choice). For the first time I've just booked a weekend away in September without looking at any fixtures but aware the Albion will be playing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's about this time that I book my 'big' holiday. Based around the international fixtures plus a weekend where the Albion are away somewhere up north. Newcastle fitted perfectly recently.
Sadly there is a lot missing this year. No big holiday (don't trust going overseas) and doubt if I'll be at any games this year (my choice). For the first time I've just booked a weekend away in September without looking at any fixtures but aware the Albion will be playing.

I deliberately avoid booking breaks away when Albion at home and tend to wait for the fixture list ...when is that due by the way?
However although I will go to a match if I have the chance I have booked a weekend in November and one in December (in Blighty)...as ive seen the chance of a break as a higher priority :moo:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I deliberately avoid booking breaks away when Albion at home and tend to wait for the fixture list ...when is that due by the way?
However although I will go to a match if I have the chance I have booked a weekend in November and one in December (in Blighty)...as ive seen the chance of a break as a higher priority :moo:

Not sure - the Championship Play-Off Final is scheduled for August 4th, so presumably they can't make a start before then. It doesn't give much time, with the new season scheduled to start a little over 5 weeks after that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here