Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Interesting From Sky Sports

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Definitely not under the radar now then chaps.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
What is Goldstein on about? If Brighton or Brentford qualified for the CL, that would be because, over a season, they were better than the big name teams that he seems to want permanently involved. It follows that they would have a better chance against whoever they drew. He's assuming that a football team's name makes them entertaining. Presumably he hasn't seen any Tottenham games this season.

Some people who make their living around football might want to consider that a lot of us have had no interest in watching Champions League football for years exactly because it features endless games between the same bunch of teams. I loved watching European Cup games as a kid, but to steal @Lenny Rider's old line, if Chelsea v Real Madrid was being played in my back garden, I'd draw the curtains.
Absolutely spot on. It's all about earning your place.
I haven't watched CL football since the whole ESL bollocks a couple of years back.
Shoot me down but I used to (mostly) support the English clubs in the competition and hoped they would progress. Once the six suggested they should have a league where they are guaranteed to be despite of performance I was so disgusted I refuse to watch any more.
I will of course be there when Brighton earn their place.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Goldstein is a classic plastic Manc from the Home Counties.

One of the best moments on Soccer AM was when Ray Winstone called him out for it. Goldstein didn’t know where to look or what to say. Embarrassing little man.
i've never heard of him but he's obviously a top shelf bellhausen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Those stats are interesting, we are still left a little wanting when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net (yes I am looking at you Mac Allister).

What is really exciting about that is that we have room to improve and get even better.

A win at Spurs at the weekend and the confidence that will give us and who knows what might happen by the end of the season.**

** We are still Brighton so we will probably f*** it up.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Those stats are interesting, we are still left a little wanting when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net (yes I am looking at you Mac Allister).

What is really exciting about that is that we have room to improve and get even better.

A win at Spurs at the weekend and the confidence that will give us and who knows what might happen by the end of the season.**

** We are still Brighton so we will probably f*** it up.
to leave the toilet bowl with 3 points would make my weekend....!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Meanwhile on Talksport:

Yes, I was listeing to Talksport (sorry everyone!) when this 'debate' came on. What a self-opinionated dildo that Goldstein is! Good for Darren Bent (who I think comes ut with some rubbish himself sometimes!) for sticking up to him. Looks as if Goldstein hasn't even got a friend on Tw*tter either, which is qute remarkable as there are usually a few idiots on there who will agree with anything - but not with a gobby TS host talking bollox!

P.S. Really surprised to read that Darren Bent played for us - I honestly have no recollection of that at all!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When will people learn every topic on TalkSport is one presenter agreeing , one disagreeing. It’s just clickbait to get reaction / views etc.

Personally I can’t see us making top 4, I think we have to much to do - but then this is Brighton.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion won't make the top four. The hope for me is that we can secure 7th. The run in, despite how well we are playing, is very tough. If we make 7th I'll be delighted.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Goldstein just another entitled Andy Jacobs.
Don't let them ignorant twats bother you.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What I don’t want is to be so sure of a top 4 finish that I am disappointed with 5, 6 or 7. Imagine being disappointed for only qualifying for Europa! That’s mad.

Of course you want to play as high as possible but you want to be ready. We’ve been disappointed in the past when not getting promoted but you can look back and think maybe it was for the best. I’ve said before I want Europa so that we take little steps and walk before we run. Each to their own though and if we make Champions League I somehow think we will make a fist of it. We have some unbelievable players on the books now so if we do qualify for Europe why would they want away? I need a lie down.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Definitely not under the radar now then chaps.
My Newcastle STH pal thinks we’re the biggest threat to their top 4 status. He genuinely believes that we could pass them but that they’ll probably hold off ManUre and Spuds.

I’ve never really dreamt that we’d ever have a chance of the Champions League unless TB invested £500m in the squad or some daft similar figure. It’s actually mind blowing that it’s April in the Premier League and that Europe/top 10 is still an option let alone the Champions League.

Peak Albion.

And then you look at the kids we have and realise it’s not a peak - it’s a mountain range of one peak after another coming up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My Newcastle STH pal thinks we’re the biggest threat to their top 4 status. He genuinely believes that we could pass them but that they’ll probably hold off ManUre and Spuds.

I’ve never really dreamt that we’d ever have a chance of the Champions League unless TB invested £500m in the squad or some daft similar figure. It’s actually mind blowing that it’s April in the Premier League and that Europe/top 10 is still an option let alone the Champions League.

Peak Albion.

And then you look at the kids we have and realise it’s not a peak - it’s a mountain range of one peak after another coming up.
wed have to win at SJP to have even slightest chance, plus our run in means its a relly big ask

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here