Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury time

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
What frustrates me the most is you knew Fulham were going to do this so you have to stick far more bodies in there to win the ball (cleanly as clearly a foul results in more wasted time). Of course its easier said than done. Just frustrating as we were all over them and did everything but score the equaliser. Very unlucky with the deflected OG. Fulham got lucky and they knew it they were hanging on. Gotta bounce back against Leicester.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What frustrates me the most is you knew Fulham were going to do this so you have to stick far more bodies in there to win the ball (cleanly as clearly a foul results in more wasted time). Of course its easier said than done. Just frustrating as we were all over them and did everything but score the equaliser. Very unlucky with the deflected OG. Fulham got lucky and they knew it they were hanging on. Gotta bounce back against Leicester.

Yes. Yes it is.

Next!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
We'd be patting ourselves on the back if the Seagulls had finished the game the way Fulham did. They did a masterful job of it tbh.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As frustrating as it was, it was good game management by Fulham - although I thought their subs getting involved was out of order, as was two balls on the pitch.

What infruriated me more was in the very final minute of added on, added on time... We should have had a free kick for a clear foul well inside their half, which would have given us one last opportunity to whip the ball into the box. Overall, I think the ref had quite a good game but no idea how he missed that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I would have thought we needed to do the opposite and stick far fewer bodies in there. We added to the congestion which made it easier for Fulham. Entirely our own doing so no point blaming the opposition or the ref either.

The whole situation could have been avoided two minutes into the extra time after Fulham lost the ball following their free kick. We're 2-1 down with 4 minutes to play and STILL we tippy tappy at the back when Fulham still have SEVEN players in our half. Lob the ball Into their half and immediately the pressure is relieved, easy no?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This. Had it been us (like the women in the Euro final recently) we'd have been laughing. Live by the sword, etc. .....

The women did it fairly though, simply by keeping the ball and winning throw-ins. What I found a little irritating last night was the two-balls, diving to the ground and so on. But yes, if it had been us...

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It's so long since we lost that I'm stunned and perplexed. It should come naturally to deal with the emotion of defeat, but I'm strangely struggling today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The whole situation could have been avoided two minutes into the extra time after Fulham lost the ball following their free kick. We're 2-1 down with 4 minutes to play and STILL we tippy tappy at the back when Fulham still have SEVEN players in our half. Lob the ball Into their half and immediately the pressure is relieved, easy no?

I think it was unexpected that they weren't sitting back a bit more. In the heat of battle and frantic action I don't think we cottoned on that they had pushed up so high, so imagined we could work the ball out. When we did try to launch it, it sliced up, or went out, so didn't really help either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The women did it fairly though, simply by keeping the ball and winning throw-ins. What I found a little irritating last night was the two-balls, diving to the ground and so on. But yes, if it had been us...

Yes, Fulham did cheat (multiball etc.). That probably wasted an extra minute on top of the many minutes eaten up by legitimate time wasting. We still had most of 90 minutes to play football in, though. I was concerned with our amateurish response to the time wasting. And I was more concerned with the poor defending that gave them two goals, and risked more. In attack we were let down by the final ball, not the absence of a Mitrovic. We deserved to lose.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Yeah, bad day at the office. We are good at killing games too. Never mind, onto Leicester on Saturday and hopefully a more characteristic performance from the lads.

trains are going to be a nightmare so make sure you leave really early for the game on Saturday. 11am latest

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's not very Potterball but sometimes you just have to hoof the ball up the pitch and see what happens in this circumstances. We had a goalkick which was passed to Webster, and a few moments later they had a corner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here