Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury time

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That was probably the worst and most frustrating I've seen of us when we're chasing a goal in injury time.

First up. Authorities and Refs have got to put a stop to it. The constant falling over, feigning injury, taking x3 longer than earlier in the game could be managed by stronger refereeing before any rule changes (stop clock)

Second. What the hell were we doing? Dicking around at the back and giving the ball or a corner away. Fouling. Not pointing out their time wasting enough.

Probably wouldn't have scored but that's not the point! It's a really shit part of the game and further increases the importance of scoring first etc. I get the winning team won't mind but wish the authorities would just cut it out altogether.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I’ll also add that every time we had a throw in, there was magically a second ball thrown on every time from the Fulham ballboys. Can’t take anything away from Fulham tonight though, they was excellent and fully deserved the win. Unfortunately for Potter he got it wrong with the starting eleven with Mwepu involved.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
#GameManagement

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, bad day at the office. We are good at killing games too. Never mind, onto Leicester on Saturday and hopefully a more characteristic performance from the lads.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
let's be fair, fulham managed it excellently.

however I'm frustrated as to why we seem to point blank refuse to do anything other than try to play out from the back. I know that's our identity or whatever, but we have some excellent long ball passers in the team, we had a lot of pacy players on the pitch and fulham were mostly in our half, if we'd gone even slightly long we could've seen some good 1v1 or 2v2 situations, instead we fannied around at the back, with sanchez in particular seemingly wearing clown shoes this evening

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So why make it harder by not playing a striker? Absolutely f***g stupid.

If Deniz isn't considered ready to start in the PL and the club wants to avoid getting Welbeck on the injury list through overplaying him, what do you do?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
One of the best game-management run down the clock I can recall. Wound us up, eat, sleep repeat. Doffs cap.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They added almost 90 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ball was in play for about 40 seconds of that final “6 minutes”. Quite incredible shithousery from Fulham, can’t really argue with it but incredibly frustrating if the officials are weak.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
let's be fair, fulham managed it excellently.

however I'm frustrated as to why we seem to point blank refuse to do anything other than try to play out from the back. I know that's our identity or whatever, but we have some excellent long ball passers in the team, we had a lot of pacy players on the pitch and fulham were mostly in our half, if we'd gone even slightly long we could've seen some good 1v1 or 2v2 situations, instead we fannied around at the back, with sanchez in particular seemingly wearing clown shoes this evening

Also - I assumed - bringing Mitoma and Lamptey on meant the whole point was to look for the quick break. Mega slow build up basically renders both players near pointless.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I’ll also add that every time we had a throw in, there was magically a second ball thrown on every time from the Fulham ballboys. Can’t take anything away from Fulham tonight though, they was excellent and fully deserved the win. Unfortunately for Potter he got it wrong with the starting eleven with Mwepu involved.

Noticed this, the multi ball already being used to waste time. Nor sure the Amex ball people up to speed on this yet though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here