Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iñigo Calderón returning to Albion as u18 coach

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
have we all forgotten he handed in a transfer request to go to Southampton ?!
He didn’t do anything of the sort. He was out of contract, we offered him a contract, Southampton did the same.

Poyet said we’d given him a deadline to sign the new deal or it was off the table. That deadline passed and we were told that was that. A few weeks later he signed for us having turned down the Southampton deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didn’t do anything of the sort. He was out of contract, we offered him a contract, Southampton did the same.

Poyet said we’d given him a deadline to sign the new deal or it was off the table. That deadline passed and we were told that was that. A few weeks later he signed for us having turned down the Southampton deal.
He explained it was normal in Spain to consider all offers, and didn’t realise how the English system worked. Gus Poyet confirmed this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I was convinced that all happened in a January not close season, my bad!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I know TB and Co come across as nice blokes, but I can't imagine they would give ANYONE a job based purely on sentiment. Not even the legend that is Calde 😍
I'm guessing that having the right personality is a key attribute in the club's coach recruitment.
Having ex-players who have already proven themselves in that area, is probably a benefit.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Does anyone know if this is still on the cards?

I would so love it to be true😍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here