Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In your mind, have we qualified for the Europa League?

In your mind, have we qualified for the Europa League?

• Yes - we're in the hat

Votes: 290 85.0%
  • No - fearing the nerves of being 5-0 down to City at half-time on Wednesday night

Votes: 51 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You'd have to be pretty pessimistic to think that there'd be a swing of those proportions.

9 goals is the biggest margin of loss for a Premier League side. Even if we lost 9-0 to City, Villa would need to beat us by a margin of 4 to overtake us. It's just not going to happen.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It's done, we all know it's done, even the crazy goal swing permutations still means we're there on the probability scales, however... It's Brighton, in over 30 years of supporting this club you just never know, as we never make it easy 😁

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the Betfair Exchange, you can't currently back us to finish top 6, whereas Villa re 1000/1 to finish top 6.

That's a nice insurance policy...

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I saw Grealish yesterday on the telly and I swear he was drunk. They are on the lash I tell you. Their eyes are on the two cup finals they are in. It wouldn't surprise anyone if we and Brentford beat them and it will mean nothing to all but Pep.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's done. You have to consider that Villa won't come and chase a 4/5/6/7/8 goal win against us and risk losing out on 7th place. They'll play a normal game.
Is the correct answer. Emery will obviously know that coming at us all guns blazing will leave space for us to exploit. He won't be that stupid.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Listen to Pascal he said I hope you all come on Wednesday it’s going to be a special night, I took that as they want to give City a game and not just turn up.
Pep said in his title lifting interview something about being tired and then having to worry about going to Brighton and Brentford for two very difficult games.

We are in the Europa league we have every chance of going to a nervy Villa and winning with zero pressure on ourselves.

Last edited:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Villa can't do it. Martinez has nearly 100% of their possession lying prone on the ground.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I saw Grealish yesterday on the telly and I swear he was drunk. They are on the lash I tell you. Their eyes are on the two cup finals they are in. It wouldn't surprise anyone if we and Brentford beat them and it will mean nothing to all but Pep.
I had wondered whether we should call them up and propose that we agree a point each and take them all out on the razz instead of playing the match. Pep and RDZ and their staff could go to 'All You Can Eat' at Pizza Hut in North Street and the players could get on the snakebite and black and head for the Hungry Years.*

*- (An offer that would have been snapped up by the late 70s NWOBHM Ipswich Town side that were all mates with Ian Gillan)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here