Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In three weeks time...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...we'll have just watched the first MotD of the 2020/21 season.

We won't have occupied our usual "last in the running order" slot, due to having not played.

But, in the next three weeks...

- we need to be able to tell the club our designated "I wanna go to games with..." groups
- we need to opt out of the games we can't make or don't fancy
- there could be one or two Covid "test events" at the Amex
- the club need to do the Chelsea ballot
- a lot of people will get VERY upset at losing the Chelsea ballot
- a few people will announce they found a golden ticket in a chocolate bar but are unable to go, so will be popping their ticket onto the ticket exchange
- a lot of people will get VERY upset at missing out on the ticket exchange for a Chelsea ticket - "it was in my basket FFS, Barber OUT!"
- we need to keep pointing and laughing at Leeds
- Ben White needs to be given the number 3
- we need a fella capable of scoring all the goals

....and much more besides.

What a time to be alive!

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
...we'll have just watched the first MotD of the 2020/21 season.

We won't have occupied our usual "last in the running order" slot, due to having not played.

But, in the next three weeks...

- we need to be able to tell the club our designated "I wanna go to games with..." groups
- we need to opt out of the games we can't make or don't fancy
- there could be one or two Covid "test events" at the Amex
- the club need to do the Chelsea ballot
- a lot of people will get VERY upset at losing the Chelsea ballot
- a few people will announce they found a golden ticket in a chocolate bar but are unable to go, so will be popping their ticket onto the ticket exchange
- a lot of people will get VERY upset at missing out on the ticket exchange for a Chelsea ticket - "it was in my basket FFS, Barber OUT!"
- we need to keep pointing and laughing at Leeds
- Ben White needs to be given the number 3
- we need a fella capable of scoring all the goals

....and much more besides.

What a time to be alive!

They wouldn't would they?............ Would piss my pants if they did though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
- keep laughing at Leeds
Seriously embarrassing.

Up the road we have:-

palace have agreed contract extensions with four players - Jeffrey Schlupp, James McArthur, Martin Kelly and Stephen Henderson.

No signings
&
Their main stand isn't quite finished

Yet hardly a mention on here.

Everyone is so caught up in demanding Leeds trolls are banned.
They've completely lost sight of the palace ones not being here and not asked the crucial question...

..why is that?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Seriously embarrassing.

palace have agreed contract extensions with four players - Jeffrey Schlupp, James McArthur, Martin Kelly and Stephen Henderson.

No signings
&

They've completely lost sight of the palace ones not being here and not asked the crucial question...

..why is that?

I am guessing as it is pre season they are spinning around the ‘Parish is all talk but never delivers’ v ‘he saved our club’ debate and whether Zaha is going to leave for a billion dollars

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Seriously embarrassing.

No signings
&

..why is that?

They're up to something. I don't trust the buggers for a second.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I wouldn't be shocked if all games were behind closed doors this season.

Me too. Going to be very hard logistically to arrange and for me it's still not so much an issue with being at the ground (which knowing the club they could organise brilliantly) but the getting to and from it. Seems a bit daft to put in place Social Distancing measures at the ground when there will be very little way of having such effective procedures on the trains before and after the match which will be out of the clubs control for the most part.

Due to being a carer for a vulnerable group person I wouldn't be going anyway this season (even if they take my whole ST money) but I too wouldn't be surprised if at least half (if not all) of this season is behind closed doors.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ignore all that bit then.

cider.jpg

???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seriously embarrassing.

No signings
&

..why is that?

Hard to believe but we have more in common with Palace than we’ll ever have with those deluded entitled wankers who support Leeds. Palace/Brighton stuff is mostly banter these days. Not sure we are bantering with Leeds fans? More taking the piss whilst laughing at them, it will all blow over once the season starts.

I’m not sure I’m embarrassed that Palace are on the back burner. A little hissy fit from Zaha might/will change that!

Zaha to Leeds would be hilarious, EXACTLY the type of player for Bielsaball :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Me too. Going to be very hard logistically to arrange and for me it's still not so much an issue with being at the ground (which knowing the club they could organise brilliantly) but the getting to and from it. Seems a bit daft to put in place Social Distancing measures at the ground when there will be very little way of having such effective procedures on the trains before and after the match which will be out of the clubs control for the most part.

Due to being a carer for a vulnerable group person I wouldn't be going anyway this season (even if they take my whole ST money) but I too wouldn't be surprised if at least half (if not all) of this season is behind closed doors.

I think that would explain your first paragraph....I’d be surprised if it’s the whole season...have hard enough time thinking a month ahead let alone that far....so maybe you might be pleasantly surprised

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Seriously embarrassing.

No signings
&

..why is that?

Well apart from signing Nathan Ferguson from West Brom.

Not really sure why you don’t think Schlupp is any good I think his a great player with an eye for goal. McArther would have been my player of the season, Kelly is a good squad player who played anywhere along the back four and Henderson is a 3rd choice keeper who is ok being so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here