Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm seriously looking forward to Utd

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I've had a season ticket for 38 years and I can count the number of times I've given a toss who's in the opponents' shirts on the fingers of one hand. And every single time it's been about showing appreciation for what they've done previously in a Brighton shirt - Reinelt at Orient, Zamora before he came back, for example.

I simply don't understand all this crap about wanting to see Ronaldo. It makes the arrogance of those dicks who sing 'You're only here to see United' sound justified. I go to watch Brighton. And the love-in for him from some on here? I separate the important stuff like what happened to his family recently, which is indescribably awful and I can only wish him and his wife all the best in getting over it, from the football.

And football wise, living in Spain so having seen pretty much every game he played for Real before he left on TV, what I recall of him as a footballer is a man who has, in the past, gloried in the sending-off of a clubmate in a World Cup, dived repeatedly, particularly in his early days at United and in the white of Real, spat at a cameraman on the pitch after a defeat, thrown a strop on the pitch when a team-mate scored by getting to a rebound from one of his shots before him, and generally behave like he owns football. Watching his anonymity, along with the ineptitude we enforced his entire team to display by playing so bloody well ourselves, just made being there today all the sweeter.

I was getting messages from all my Spanish mates before the game today, telling me how many he was going to score. Took absolute delight in sending pictures of the scoreboard back to them at the end of the game by way of a reply. Voice has gone and I'm knackered from the adrenaline. What a joy, all round.

I agree with all you say, Always support your team... never go to watch the other team... however ronaldo and messi are different. Seen them both play. They will both go down in history.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree with all you say, Always support your team... never go to watch the other team... however ronaldo and messi are different. Seen them both play. They will both go down in history.

Agree Ronaldo and Messi have been a class apart, there can be exceptions. Anyone it was good at see Ronaldo and he was sh1t yesterday...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I was a bit ambivalent about the game. My mum is slowly passing away from cancer and I’ve been spending as much time as I can with her, choosing to go to the game felt a bit selfish. But I’m glad I did. Eldest son was able to join me and for a while we were able to put other things more to the back of our minds. Meantime, my wife visited mum and, when she asked where I was, told her we were at the football…my mums face apparently broke into a big smile.

Love this.

I can't imagine what your going through but I'm sure when your wife told you that, it confirmed it was the right thing to do.

All the best to you and your family. [emoji106]

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am going with some mates to watch Man Utd v Aston Villa at the Optus Stadium here when they tour at the end of July.
Will be proudly wearing my BHA home shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here