Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IFO adjudication on Albion fan's indefinite ban

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If the appeal had contained, I have spent the last 2 years volunteering in my spare time for AITC to demonstrate my remorse and the required change in my behaviour, would the club have viewed the appeal differently?
Again assuming I have found the correct details of the original court case, he was given a 12-month community order with 40 hours of unpaid work.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the end the club is a private company. It's completely up to them who they allow on to their premises. We may not like it, but we may well have to lump it
If you hit someone in the face you're out of order, no normal person does this.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Indefinite bans always seem a bit unnecessary, if they put a time limit on it this will probably go away.

This is the original article, he's been convicted of assault and left a bruise so he must've twatted her quite hard. Maybe 3 years is a bit lenient, difficult to judge without seeing the incident or resulting injury.

I wonder if the club reviewed their ejection procedures after this, surely you need the response stewards to be handling ejections like this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you hit someone in the face you're out of order, no normal person does this.
For sure, if you twat a steward, female or otherwise, you sort of forfeit any kind bargaining position with the club. You can appeal til you're blue in the face and they still won't want you on their premises

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can’t see the problem here. Any football conviction or even violence / drug / alcohol offence away from football would see me banned from following England away for life / a long time.

If it was a Palace fan who hit a steward would anyone on here be asking for anything less than a lifetime ban ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm confused.

The OP is talking about an indefinite ban from the Amex because a son used his father's fan number to buy a ticket, and then consequently people are talking about a court case where a female steward was hit, with the court case mentioning a three year ban from the Amex?

Is it the same person?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh my bad , assumed it was to do with the other IFO case just released around the steward that got hit, without reading the original post

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I'm confused.

The OP is talking about an indefinite ban from the Amex because a son used his father's fan number to buy a ticket, and then consequently people are talking about a court case where a female steward was hit, with the court case mentioning a three year ban from the Amex?

Is it the same person?
Yeah I’m a bit confused here !!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm confused.

Is it the same person?
The OP (me) has made no mention of a dad/son ticket-buying thing. That was the previous IFO adjudication that came to light.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm confused.

Is it the same person?
You need to click on the link in the OP.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:drama:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was about that. Or it was when it was first posted. For some reason the link title has changed although when you click on it it still refers to the fan hits steward story.
That's what has confused me. As you say, when you click on the link, it reveals a different story.
Thanks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As a general rule I think most companies would quite justifiably stop doing business with someone who assaulted a member of their staff :shrug:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm confused.

Is it the same person?

Yeah I’m a bit confused here !!

So has somebody been banned for life for using somebody else’s fan number/ticket ?

It was about that. Or it was when it was first posted. For some reason the link title has changed although when you click on it it still refers to the fan hits steward story.

The OP (me) has made no mention of a dad/son ticket-buying thing. That was the previous IFO adjudication that came to light.

Count me in as well

I was also initially a bit confused when I read this thread last night - the issue is, the link that @Bozza posted (which does indeed lead to the adjudication concerning the fan who hit a female steward) has text displayed which refers to the completely different case of the dad/son ticket-buying shenanigan:-

Ban.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here