Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you are on twitter

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you on Facebook?

I’ve had an account for 15 years, genuinely only logging in once or twice a year to check stuff posted by relatives. Also have a nose about old school and post school mates.

As they’re fleeting visits, I don’t get to see the Brexit, political and other crap ... people imposing their views. I only know about that because family tell me it’s often underlying in life stories.

I’ve worked with many of all ages who check FB throughout the day when at work, an addiction. Like NSC I suppose.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't see any point in joining twitter now as like you say a lot of it is just people shouting their points and arguing with people with differing views. However I joined about 12 years ago and it's quite different for the long time members as most have managed to curate a timeline of sensible/funny/interesting people to interact with. Politics and celebrities hardly ever feature on my twitter.

During the 4 years of Brexit, a few NSC political obsessives, kept posting Twats from biased celebs and biased purported experts, biased think tanks, supporting their own blinkered view. Who gives a f*ck, state your own view and have belief in yourself.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I had a bitter Wolves fan (in his 70s) come up to me after the game to say “You won’t be coming back here next season. I hope you get relegated!”

This fella aside, I found them friendly and welcoming!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve had an account for 15 years, genuinely only logging in once or twice a year to check stuff posted by relatives. Also have a nose about old school and post school mates.

As they’re fleeting visits, I don’t get to see the Brexit, political and other crap ... people imposing their views. I only know about that because family tell me it’s often underlying in life stories.

I’ve worked with many of all ages who check FB throughout the day when at work, an addiction. Like NSC I suppose.

I'm not on Facebook but family members are, I often get shown photos of people's dinner and all sorts of other nonsense posted.
Twitter if used correctly is very good, I have muted so many words and accounts that I rarely see political stuff.
It's very good for local travel reports, local non league football and news.
Also there are many decent Albion fans posting

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I had a bitter Wolves fan (in his 70s) come up to me after the game to say “You won’t be coming back here next season. I hope you get relegated!”

Like most fans really. I had a look in Twitter and most of the comments seem fine. A bit of frustration here and there which I think is understandable.

Hardly 'infested', more the odd whinge.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Another OP that reassures me in being wise to swerve Twatter.

What’s the actual point? Soundbites from your football or political heroes, as if their views are special, whilst opening yourself up to see those of the dregs of society.

Only DULLARDS are on Twitter.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

Neither will he if the government ban oldies from gatherings

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn’t twitter but I liked Klopp’s reaction when asked about the Coronavirus the other day - along the lines of “what do I know, I’m only a football manager. Ask people who have expertise in the field my views on it have no relevance.

Funnily enough, I saw that clip on Twitter. It’s like anything else, it’s how you use it. Follow those you want to read, mute or block those you don’t.
It can be very useful for local traffic reports.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bitter and twisted self entitled wolves fans infesting the place.

We are Shite and are no better than a pub side! Seemly!

I stopped using my twitter ages ago, but when I had it I avoided other teams' fans like the plague. I had a nice little group I chatted to. Unfortunately the wider platform has become utterly toxic and infested with little turds who think their "bantz" is hilarious, when, back in the day, they'd have been laughed / thrown out of the pub until they grew up. Inevitbaly someone will get outraged and RT them and then you get drawn in their absolute ****ing nonsense.

Nicked their 'Hi-Ho Sheffield Wednesday' from the MASSIVE, what do you expect?

And that song from Leicester ‘Nuno had a dream....’

Wolves are the biggest song thieves in the League. They don't have a single original tune, just everyone else's songs with their own players names chucked in. Other than that, though, the ones I've met are decent old school fans. I worked with a Wolves fan for many years who knew quite a few of the Southern ones. Always a good laugh when we met them and certainly not entitled. They were class when they came to us in their Championship relegation season and let O'Hara know what a waste of space he was.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A Wolves friend of mine was at the match, and posted on Messenger to me, ‘I preferred it when we had no money, and you had no stadium’.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20200308-084834_Chrome.jpg
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/brighton-verdict.216716/

Some interesting stuff from the blinkered Wolverines :)

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Since been deleted, bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, I’m guessing the gist being we’re small time, massive Wolves shouldn’t even have to play teams like us etc. etc. Let’s hope the genuine big clubs circle like sharks in the summer and pick that team apart, and their manager fulfils his ambition of managing a top team.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Indeed, I’m guessing the gist being we’re small time, massive Wolves shouldn’t even have to play teams like us etc. etc. Let’s hope the genuine big clubs circle like sharks in the summer and pick that team apart, and their manager fulfils his ambition of managing a top team.

I particularly like the notion that we must have parked the bus for Wolves to have not scored, despite having 57% possession and equalled their 1 shot on target!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:lol: Twitter is superb, you won’t see the shite some unless you go looking for it or follow the nob head attention seeking teenagers who gets a buzz out of winding people up. I’ve has some good interactions with Wolves fans after yesterday’s game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here