IF we lost on Saturday.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If everything goes against us it will be worse on here than any 5-0 drubbing.

Even though:-

We will still be in the play-offs.
We will still be above Palace.
and they will be 7th.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Agree about the twist and turns, but to be honest we have stayed out of them, given when everyone loses (losts lol) we draw or win. Keep the faith, I had a premenition in 79 that we would reach the FA Cup final within 5 years and we done it in 4. I have got the same weird feeling that we will get to the PL this year, I so hope I am right and if I am I will be opening a little stall on Brighton Pier for palm readings, every day apart from Saturdays when the Albion are at home.

But if you are right then opening Saturday would be fine as we´ll probably only have a couple of games on that day!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The playoffs are in our own hands, if we blow it then we're not good enough. We have experience and it seems that we'll also have pretty well a full squad so there should be enough about us to grind out a result. If we lose I'll be well pissed off but the playoffs would still be possible, irrespective of other results. The team seem well up for games and I think we'll hold our nerve as well as any of the other teams in with a shout.

Massive cliche but at the end of the day que sera sera.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can't think of another Championship team I would rather have than Blackpool, SOD ALL to play for, frail away and their style of play means they won't come and park the bus. We will coast to a comfortable victory

Unfortunately I think Blackpool will try to park the bus, they've changed under Ince.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
'Fair enough'.

We've been flippin' lucky over the last couple of weeks with other results going our way, we haven't exactly been on fire ourselves, we've just balls'd it up slightly less than our nearest rivals.

If the roles are reversed and we get overtaken I can't say that we were horribly done by luck.

Err. Flippin' lucky? I don't think so. Hit the bar twice on Tuesday and could easily have won. Clinical at Boro. We were lucky against a resurgent Leicester but we earned that during the game. Did everything but score v. Charlton. We were unlucky v Forest and slaughtered Palace. In those six games we conceded (four against top ten sides) we conceded just 3 goals.

Not sure you've been watching the same team as me.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
nervy 1-1 draw for me ,same next week
then a win last home game with a vocal crowd behind the lads!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
just read your original post again and do actually think you have a bad grasp of the English language. Did you mean if we LOSE on Saturday as opposed to what you posted, If we lost on Saturday. Given the rest of your post you are talking about future tense which would mean to me you should of posted If we lose on Saturday. Please enlighten me and the rest of NSC as to what you are getting at. Im not the most intelligent fella but you have confused me which to be honest isn't that hard.

"Should of" and "bad grasp of the English language" in the same post?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't think of another Championship team I would rather have than Blackpool, SOD ALL to play for, frail away and their style of play means they won't come and park the bus. We will coast to a comfortable victory

Really....this is a team with only 1 defeat in 10.. you realise that.... ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and ince the best player in the league, far better than zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaha

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
and Bolton, Palace and Forest won. How will you react? ???

Would NSC be unbearable Saturday evening with full of moaning?

Let's face it, the results are unlikely to go our way again for the second match running! We would still be in the playoffs but only GD, with Leeds away next!

I can see on Saturday the crowd being very nervous and I just hope it's not passed onto the players.

(That's my glass half empty post for the evening!) :drink:

Doh! LOSE! If we LOSE on Saturday! :ffsparr:
the crowd must get behind the team if it shows it nervous it might affect the players so the fans have got to stand up and be counted and give the team confidence. Sing your hearts out for the lads. That's how united steal points.:facepalm::facepalm::drama:

D

Deleted member 18477

no i am not nervous for this saturday. i am so flipping excited!!! we are 4 points away from the playoffs IMO so let's get 3 of them on Saturday!

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLBION!!

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
just read your original post again and do actually think you have a bad grasp of the English language. Did you mean if we LOSE on Saturday as opposed to what you posted, If we lost on Saturday. Given the rest of your post you are talking about future tense which would mean to me you should of posted If we lose on Saturday. Please enlighten me and the rest of NSC as to what you are getting at. Im not the most intelligent fella but you have confused me which to be honest isn't that hard.

What a pedant!
No capital after a comma - or use quote marks if quoting
Should have posted not should of posted
Again quote marks or no capitals please

No chance of Palace winning on Saturday or won on Saturday even. So all should be well on NSC.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be relatively relaxed this time.

It's by no means a 'must-win' or even a 'must-not-lose' game.

A defeat will be disappointing, no more, and may, depending on other results, ramp up the pressure for the Leeds and Wolves matches.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Err. Flippin' lucky? I don't think so. Hit the bar twice on Tuesday and could easily have won. Clinical at Boro. We were lucky against a resurgent Leicester but we earned that during the game. Did everything but score v. Charlton. We were unlucky v Forest and slaughtered Palace. In those six games we conceded (four against top ten sides) we conceded just 3 goals.

Not sure you've been watching the same team as me.

No no no, you misunderstand. I meant we've been lucky that the teams around us have been dropping points left right and centre.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No no no, you misunderstand. I meant we've been lucky that the teams around us have been dropping points left right and centre.
Mmm, a little bit maybe. But it's clearly a competitive league this year (Posh doing the double over Cardiff etc) so it would have been strange if 6th place was a high number of points. Mostly, it's just the timing of other teams losing points that's been a surprised. And while Leicester and Palace have lost points, Forest and Bolton have got 18 & 21 points from their last 10 games, which is automatic promotion form.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
What a pedant!
No capital after a comma - or use quote marks if quoting
Should have posted not should of posted
Again quote marks or no capitals please

No chance of Palace winning on Saturday or won on Saturday even. So all should be well on NSC.

Thank you for the above I will try much harder next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports