Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If our club was a boxer who would we be?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The Don, Andy Naylor described us as being a light middleweight that hits like a heavyweight. I thought this was pretty fair.

But which boxer would best describe us?

For me it old hands of stone, Roberto Duran; didn’t care who you were, he just hit you very, very hard.

IMG_5281.jpeg

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I will go with Liam Smith. Excellent at British level. Flirts with world level but just not quite there. But always with the potential to cause an upset and has had some knock backs and been written off along the way

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Definitely Frank Bruno. A very likeable club but soft as shit

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I’d go Usyk. Technically very pleasing on the eye; not earned the really big bucks; and punches well above his weight. Might never become the really big name but in the conversation for the next best.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My family were big boxing fans and one or two were good (at an amateur level), so when I was young I tried a bit of boxing amongst other things to improve my judo which I was doing quite well at a junior level nationally and it was my coaches idea :facepalm: (I've also a number of stories about full contact karate and Canary Island wrestling along the same line which involve broken bones) :rolleyes:

It really f***ing hurt. At that time, I met Herol Graham who was a brilliant, exciting, talented British Boxer who never quite made it at International level, so he's my choice :thumbsup:

Years later, I advised my son not to take up boxing at Uni, but he thought he may be genetically inclined. After a few sessions he came to the conclusion
that being punched in the face hurt :dunce: To the best of my knowledge he hasn't tried it since :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here