Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idiot tolerance levels?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apologies if I came across like an arse!

Not at all, it was a fair point and a reminder to be aware of such issues. As an aside, I love my library and would be upset if I thought I had ruined someone's experience of it by not thinking these things through before I open my mouth.

I don't get what people are doing on them for so long! DO YOU WANT BLOODY CASH OR NOT!?! Even if you're checking your balance that should add a whole 20 seconds to it! I am so worried at cashpoints that I am taking too long that I tap the card returner when it is coming out to show people that the machine is holding me up and I am not an indecisive moron! There should also be slow lanes, fast lanes and I am a tourist I have no idea where I am or what I am doing so I am going to stop every 5 seconds lanes! BUT WHATS THE POINT NO ONE WOULD ABIDE TO THE RIGHT LANE ANYWAY!

Definite "quality rant" post - Bozza should set up some sort of badge scheme :)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
My tolerance has reduced massively in recent years but mostly to blatantly inconsiderate behaviour or massive ignorance and I will often be the only person that says something, although always politely. A man arrogantly barging to the front of the queue at Sourced Market in St Pancras, a bigotted haridan who thought she had the licence to rant about imaginary immigrants at a local planning open day, phones used constantly in the cinema are recent examples.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I am pretty much your average Englishman when it comes to confronting people being annoying/rude. I'll poke up with it for a while before clumsily requesting they stop their behaviour.

For example, I'm in the library, and a normal looking woman who doesn't appear to have any major issues, dressed well, middle aged i'd say, on the computer next to me has headphones on and is standing up dancing around like a goon. Not making much noise, jackets swishing against her arms, the odd clang of they zipper on the chair in front of her.. but it was getting on my tits big time. And clearly getting on others nerves. The library ffs!

I'd say it took me a good ten mins of trying to ignore or hope she'd F off before I said anything. She is now still stood up and swaying to headphone music and I want to tell her to sit down and behave again.

I know, not a great story but it poses the question, do you speak up? how long does it take you? Do you squirm and seethe or address the problem pronto? Do you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing them, end them?

Isn't it strange how some folk can post what I reproduce underneath and then on the very same day, discuss how we should react when folk are rude . .

You mob really don't do anything to help yourselves do you!! Brilliant.
No, it's a stupid question posed by stupid people, utterly irrelevant. That question has never been on the cards and never will be. Whichever way it is answered it is designed for The Fairy Godfathers to point score.
Tell you what, come back to me with a decent, well thought out question that has no hidden agenda and I'll consider answering. Until then I suggest you stick to giggling at the back of class with the other low achievers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My tolerance has reduced massively in recent years but mostly to blatantly inconsiderate behaviour or massive ignorance and I will often be the only person that says something, although always politely. A man arrogantly barging to the front of the queue at Sourced Market in St Pancras, a bigotted haridan who thought she had the licence to rant about imaginary immigrants at a local planning open day, phones used constantly in the cinema are recent examples.

On trains, on the rare days we have them, my rant concerns Stinky Food Wankers. You can be sitting in a carriage breathing completely neutral air 30 seconds before the train departs, then suddenly some sweaty lardass will burst on board bearing the inevitable highly stinky West Cornwall Pasty. About as welcome to the rest of the carriage as a fart in a sauna. On the rare occasions that you manage to doge the West Cornwall Pasty, some freak in the seat in front of you will ALWAYS get out a Tupperware container and unleash a stinky egg and cress sandwich, or some similarly foul-smelling catering concoction on you and thirty other innocent travellers like you. Them's the rules. The rules STINK.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isn't it strange how some folk can post what I reproduce underneath and then on the very same day, discuss how we should react when folk are rude . .

You mob really don't do anything to help yourselves do you!! Brilliant.
No, it's a stupid question posed by stupid people, utterly irrelevant. That question has never been on the cards and never will be. Whichever way it is answered it is designed for The Fairy Godfathers to point score.
Tell you what, come back to me with a decent, well thought out question that has no hidden agenda and I'll consider answering. Until then I suggest you stick to giggling at the back of class with the other low achievers.

Where did I SUGGEST how to react?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
On trains, on the rare days we have them, my rant concerns Stinky Food Wankers. You can be sitting in a carriage breathing completely neutral air 30 seconds before the train departs, then suddenly some sweaty lardass will burst on board bearing the inevitable highly stinky West Cornwall Pasty. About as welcome to the rest of the carriage as a fart in a sauna. On the rare occasions that you manage to doge the West Cornwall Pasty, some freak in the seat in front of you will ALWAYS get out a Tupperware container and unleash a stinky egg and cress sandwich, or some similarly foul-smelling catering concoction on you and thirty other innocent travellers like you. Them's the rules. The rules STINK.

It isn't a thing I am ever vocal about but my tolerance on this builds as the day progresses. Someone tucking into McD on a late night train doesn't register but someone taking out a salami roll at 0730 in the morning (as happened yesterday) totally turns my stomach. One thing that has increased in frequency in recent years is women putting on make-up on the train in the morning; there is nothing inherently unpleasant about this but it always exerts a grim fascination (eyeliner at high speed etc) which is distracting

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
...you and thirty other innocent travellers like you.

Thirty? Not on my train unfortunately, there's at least 970 in each carriage :(

I like looking people dead in the eye as the walk along the aisle, whilst smiling, nodding and patting the empty seat next to me. Very rarely does anyone sit down, so I get two seats to myself quite a lot, despite the crowds. On the negative side, those occasions where someone does sit down are usually petrifying as they are complete freaks.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
...women putting on make-up on the train in the morning; there is nothing inherently unpleasant about this but it always exerts a grim fascination (eyeliner at high speed etc) which is distracting

Yes! What about those things that bend their eyelashes, or stretch them maybe. Those clamp things. The train is rocking about and they have the clamp thing pulling their eyelid about, always seems risky.

I've had someone sit next to me and cut, then file their nails. I was most perturbed. Small bits of filed nail floating about, going all over me. GOING IN MY LUNGS.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

When I used to get the train I used to notice that the only people that ate on trains were the people who had made the most foul smelling food known to man the previous night and waited for that precise moment to open it on a packed train... As you said something like an egg an cress sandwich for BREAKFAST! GET UP TEN MINUTES EARLIER YOU PRICK! or On the way home Chicken Katsu Curry.... HAVE A ****ING APPLE AND WAIT TIL YOU GET HOME YOU MORON!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
F*ckers who get on to crowded tubes and trains with their rucksacks on their backs, then proceed to either spin round or keep reversing, oblivious to the fact they are twice the width they think they are (same applies to women with the bulkier shoulder handbags, the pointy corners of which stick out MILES). This, and either keypad tones or the early morning laptop hammerers are test my tolerance. And perpetual sniffing - blow your nose FFS.

Commuting would be fine if it wasn't for OTHER PEOPLE.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
F*ckers who get on to crowded tubes and trains with their rucksacks on their backs, then proceed to either spin round or keep reversing, oblivious to the fact they are twice the width they think they are (same applies to women with the bulkier shoulder handbags, the pointy corners of which stick out MILES). This, and either keypad tones or the early morning laptop hammerers are test my tolerance. And perpetual sniffing - blow your nose FFS.

Wear headphones, even if you don't intend to use them, suck extra strong mints and sharpen your elbows.
Works for me a treat. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I used to get the train I used to notice that the only people that ate on trains were the people who had made the most foul smelling food known to man the previous night and waited for that precise moment to open it on a packed train... As you said something like an egg an cress sandwich for BREAKFAST! GET UP TEN MINUTES EARLIER YOU PRICK! or On the way home Chicken Katsu Curry.... HAVE A ****ING APPLE AND WAIT TIL YOU GET HOME YOU MORON!

You're MAGNIFICENT when you're angry! :lolol: :thumbsup:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

There should be a spatial awareness test for anyone wishing to wear a rucksack on the tube. Don't go to Tokyo if sniffing on the tube annoys you...it is considered rude to blow your nose in public. The result is that public toilets sound like a tubercular ward with everyone hacking up huge amounts.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Accidentally push her down the stairs.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here