Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Identity theft

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has anyone had their identity stolen, then had fraudulent loan applications in their name, and credit card payments made fraudulently as a result?

If so what did you do to stop it, and what problems did you have?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had a call from my credit card company about a year back checking some irregular purchases. Not mine, so they cancelled the card and none of those appeared on my statement. Impressed that they sussed it. I hoped that there might be cctv in the shops so the arsehole could be traced, but that would never happen.

My boss and her husband were victims if ID theft, thought to be someone taking stuff from their bins. Very stressful.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It can be quite troublesome, my boss still has problems 2 years on. Keep a close eye on your credit file with the 2 agencies

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has anyone had their identity stolen, then had fraudulent loan applications in their name, and credit card payments made fraudulently as a result?

If so what did you do to stop it, and what problems did you have?

When we sold our house in Birmingham and moved back South about a year later we decided to have the windows replaced.

My wife set it all up but was refused a mortgage extension as she had a County Court Judgement (CCJ) against her as the bastards who moved in ordered loads of stuff of a catalogue sent to our old home in her name that she never used. She rang the catalogue company who told her she had promised to pay them 6 months a go !

Suffice to say after we proved we no longer lived there and had moved on it was all sorted however she had no idea of the CCJ

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In the early 80s a man performed and acted under my real name Richard Whiteley. He'd observed me closely, my idiocies, my mannerisms, and even feigned a certain amount of my upbringing, talking as if he'd met my very own grandmother and uttering the phrases she'd taught me as a child. I'd taken him to court a number of times over the issue, wishing to raise awareness of the fact that this man was actually called Archie Scumwhistle, surely the name of a natural evil villain for anyone, but i lacked the income the pretend Whiteley had and he quenched my will to fight, whilst also repeatedly highlighting my spasticities. He was the super Whiteley in many ways, the best version of a me anyone could imagine. I remained indoors, watching him succeed, writing little pieces here and there for local newspapers and hosting school fetes on occasion. Some of the visitors to such events expected my impersonator, and reacted with true rage when noticing i was a poor of imitation of said celebrity. The only thing that ended up in me getting through it was his death. I'd planted that ferret all those years ago to nibble him to the other side sooner, but that long-tailed rat didn't have it in him to fulfill my plan. Still, i'm the only me now.
Right, off to Charlton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here