Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ian Nacho does it again...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well no, obvs not.

Player for player they have better talent than us right across the park. But OGS reminds me of someone who’s been given all the parts to make an Aston Martin but every time he bolts them together he ends up with a Vauxhall Vectra.

They are very beatable

Agree 100% with your post. We may pull off a win. Would it be a surprise though?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Justice after a yellow card foul by McTominay which the ref bottled as he already had a yellow. But Evans gets a yellow for slipping into a foul.

Ive always felt that while that may be wrong, its a bit of fingerspitzengefühl. The second yellow should be a bit more difficult to get than the first one.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ive always felt that while that may be wrong, its a bit of fingerspitzengefühl. The second yellow should be a bit more difficult to get than the first one.

I disagree. If it warrants a yellow, it's a yellow regardless.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that why they are a lowly 2nd in the Premier League? :facepalm:

It's one of those things you just can't really explain though. Like Palace being mid table despite being the most turgid of teams and spending every game hoping to score a counter attacking goal before settling down into a ten man defensive display. Like Newcastle having actually won enough games to be outside the relegation zone despite playing the entire season with no style, determination or spine. United are so far off City it's not true- I don't even think they're as good as Leicester in league terms- yet they've snatched enough wins to be right up there, almost in spite of themselves.

I don't think their home record is all that, and getting dicked by Leicester in the cup isn't going to do anything for their confidence going into the international break. After their disgusting win at the Amex (yep, still angry), we're owed some fortune against them. If we can't go there and batter them 4-0 (unlikely given our conversion rate), the next best thing would be a filthy 1-0 victory to the good guys, achieved in the 98th minute (after only four minutes were signalled) as the result of a total travesty of a penalty awarded for the barest hint of a handball against Bruno Fernandes which was actually a handball by one of ours. We actually miss the penalty twice, but both times a retake is ordered due to encroachment by United players. The third attempt is saved by Henderson but rebounds to Maupay who trips as he runs into the box but in falling over, accidentally nudges the ball over the line with his right arm, which is missed by the VAR, much to Bruno Fernandes' absolute FURY.

That would almost erase the injustice of the home game. Almost.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's one of those things you just can't really explain though. Like Palace being mid table despite being the most turgid of teams and spending every game hoping to score a counter attacking goal before settling down into a ten man defensive display..

It’s so true. They’ll finish above us and have taken 4 points off us but I feel weirdly calm about it because of the hilarity of their football and the luck of how they’ve done it with turgid anti-football tactics. Beggars belief.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well no, obvs not.

Player for player they have better talent than us right across the park. But OGS reminds me of someone who’s been given all the parts to make an Aston Martin but every time he bolts them together he ends up with a Vauxhall Vectra.

They are very beatable

As analogies go BN I’d like to think that that is up there with your very worst.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm extremely confident about the Man U game.

We were all over them at home.

We owe them

Revenge will be ours

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It’s so true. They’ll finish above us and have taken 4 points off us but I feel weirdly calm about it because of the hilarity of their football and the luck of how they’ve done it with turgid anti-football tactics. Beggars belief.

The only annoying thing about it is that it successfully keeps them up, disgracing this league year on year. Given that the average age of their squad must now be nudging the early fifties however, sooner or later they will have to break with tradition and change their approach, which will be disappointing when it happens, but it will be interesting to watch them try. There doesn't seem to have been much forward planning in terms of freshening up the squad. No gradual evolution: rather a case of "oh shit, they're nearly all past their best"- even Tiny Tears is 30 next year and already contemplating the fact that his shot at the big time has passed him by.

How do you replace virtually an entire team of old men? That's a lot of players to (a) shift and (b) find replacements for in a short summer transfer window, especially when the Euros are on. Plus they do tend to face strong competition for anyone decent. Let's face it: if you're an aspiring young PL player and you have equal offers from Palace and, say, Southampton, Wolves, Everton and AN other mid table club, you're not going to pick The Glaziers, are you?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Confidence is an amazing thing for a striker isn't it?! Always been a talented player but clearly struggled for form and confidence at Leicester since joining them. Regular run in the side, a few goals and now a totally different player - the player I thought he would be from his early performances for City first and youth teams.

Hopefully Maupay and Welbeck can follow suit now!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Agree 100% with your post. We may pull off a win. Would it be a surprise though?

Team in 2nd loses at home to the team in 16th. Yes, that would be a surprise. Although Sheffield United managed to win there, so why shouldn't we have a go. We should have beaten them at the Amex but for amateurish finishing and hitting the woodwork repeatedly, there is no reason why we can't dominate the ball and create a chance or nine against their fragile defence. Looking forward to the game.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'm extremely confident about the Man U game.

We were all over them at home.

We owe them

Revenge will be ours

Bit like when I had a fab weekend in Manchester looking forward to the OT Sunday game - expecting us at last to turn over a struggling OGS United; was supremely confident... we got dicked!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here