Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “I think he's an Albion fan", Athens/AEK edition

Victor Chandler

Sep 2, 2014
Haywards Heath
I'd suggest to anyone to buy the 20 euro 3 day metro pass, that includes a return journey to the airport.

It would include your metro to the game and also travel around the city for your stay.

View attachment 170325
Good suggestion. I don’t think the tourist ticket can be purchased on line or from the ticket machines at the airport. It looks to me as if you can only buy it from a ticket office at the airport. Anybody know any different?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good suggestion. I don’t think the tourist ticket can be purchased on line or from the ticket machines at the airport. It looks to me as if you can only buy it from a ticket office at the airport. Anybody know any different?
When you get to the train station at Athens there's a pretty big ticket office (on the left hand side as enter the station)

I've always bought my train tickets there rather than use the machines - staff are used to tourists and speak excellent English - although a please (parakaló) and thank you (efcharistó) never did any harm.....

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You'd need to do at least six single (90-minute) journeys while you're there to make this better value, I think. Or eight if you get the convoys rather than metro to and from the ground. Airport is 5.50 each way, then 1.20 a metro journey.
Pretty sure it's €9.00 from Airport into the City Centre (single)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pretty sure it's €9.00 from Airport into the City Centre (single)
Just checked this .....

Metro Line 3 connects the airport to the city centre (Syntagma Square). The journey time is approximately 40 minutes. Trains run every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from 6:30 am to 11:30 pm. One way tickets cost €9 (€4.50 for children, teenagers, over 65), return tickets cost €16.

So the €20, 3 day ticket, which includes return trip to/from Airport looks like the best bet....

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just checked this .....

Metro Line 3 connects the airport to the city centre (Syntagma Square). The journey time is approximately 40 minutes. Trains run every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from 6:30 am to 11:30 pm. One way tickets cost €9 (€4.50 for children, teenagers, over 65), return tickets cost €16.

So the €20, 3 day ticket, which includes return trip to/from Airport looks like the best bet....
TBH even if it worked out 3 or 4 euros more than buying tickets individually, I'd probably still do it to avoid the faff of buying one for every trip :laugh: Aside from the airport round trip I can see myself doing a few others (ticket collection and sightseeing) anyway

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Fly out on the Wednesday morning to Milan
6 hours to look about then Milan to Athens all for under £50
This is what we're doing too. Filthy cheap flights doing it that way.
We are just deciding where to head into Milan or get a lounge pass for those 6 hours and try not to get kicked out from the free booze...

SeagullMike

Sep 14, 2023
Warwickshire
Hello fellow Seagulls :)

I’m pretty certain I’ll be the only one on this particular travel itinerary, but:
Outbound 7am 28/11 LHR on SwissAir via Geneva;
Staying at Athens Backpackers;
Return 3pm 2/12 on SwissAir via Geneva to LHR.
In the unlikely event anyone is on either of these flights/staying in the same accommodation, let’s meet for a drink! Same for the match; I won’t be attending, so if anyone is in the same situation we could find somewhere to watch the game.

Whatever your plans are, I hope you all enjoy!
UTA

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
Hello fellow Seagulls :)

I’m pretty certain I’ll be the only one on this particular travel itinerary, but:
Outbound 7am 28/11 LHR on SwissAir via Geneva;
Staying at Athens Backpackers;
Return 3pm 2/12 on SwissAir via Geneva to LHR.
In the unlikely event anyone is on either of these flights/staying in the same accommodation, let’s meet for a drink! Same for the match; I won’t be attending, so if anyone is in the same situation we could find somewhere to watch the game.

Whatever your plans are, I hope you all enjoy!
UTA
Were you eligible to buy in away end (first 3 loyalty points groups)? There's one seat now available?

If not a lot of Albion have bought directly from AEK in block 8. There's a direct email if you fancy that?

If you want to go to the game, good chance you still can.

SeagullMike

Sep 14, 2023
Warwickshire
Were you eligible to buy in away end (first 3 loyalty points groups)? There's one seat now available?

If not a lot of Albion have bought directly from AEK in block 8. There's a direct email if you fancy that?

If you want to go to the game, good chance you still can.
No, I wasn’t able to get a ticket in the away end.
I‘ll have a look into the block 8 recommendation though. Will I find the email on the AEK website?
Thank you for the advice :)

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
No, I wasn’t able to get a ticket in the away end.
I‘ll have a look into the block 8 recommendation though. Will I find the email on the AEK website?
Thank you for the advice :)
Theres quite a few in block 8. See email just given.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Y
This is what we're doing too. Filthy cheap flights doing it that way.
We are just deciding where to head into Milan or get a lounge pass for those 6 hours and try not to get kicked out from the free booze...
You won’t really have time to do much in Milan but if I had one hour in Milan I’d head for the magnificent cathedral, the Duomo. Or at the very least, find a place to sit and have a beer and admire it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills