Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I phone 5

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
How does the Samsung Galaxy 3 compare? My current contract (Iphone 4) is ending in 3 months and the price of an Iphone 5 is ridiculous.
I have seen a good offer of the Galaxy (free) with 300mins, unlimited texts and data for £26 per month (24 month contract).

What you experts think?

SG3 is much better than the Iphone 5 in my opinion and I have used both... I got the full monty package for £32 pm that includes 2000 mins any network and unlimited txt and web.

bbranni

Jan 11, 2010
SG3 is much better than the Iphone 5 in my opinion and I have used both... I got the full monty package for £32 pm that includes 2000 mins any network and unlimited txt and web.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good deal although 300 mins will more than do for me. In 4 months time there will probably be a better deal or a better handset anyway.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet

I have a sg2 was debating the iPhone and sg3 but how much better does the sg3 compare to sg2 would you know? I have major problems with my sg2 with regards to battery life gonna go into Brighton tomorrow and get a 2nd phone!

D

Deleted member 18477

How does the Samsung Galaxy 3 compare? My current contract (Iphone 4) is ending in 3 months and the price of an Iphone 5 is ridiculous.
I have seen a good offer of the Galaxy (free) with 300mins, unlimited texts and data for £26 per month (24 month contract).

What you experts think?

I have the s3... Unlimited minutes and texts. 1gb data. £31 a month on O2. Free phone as well. Really good phone!

iPhone 5 would have cost me £46 a month for I think 600mins, unlimited texts, 1gb data and free phone.

I use to have an iPhone 3GS before. Do I miss having an iPhone? Not at all. I went apple and did go back... To Samsung...

After having an iPhone and still have an iPad... And then buying the Samsung galaxy s3... I've soon realised there is nothing that makes apple that superior after all. The iPhones are nice handsets but so are other phones. It depends on what interface you want. And whether you want everything to go through iTunes or be able to drag and drop like a memory stick.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
love my iphone 5, although battery life is a bit shoddy but, rough with the smooth

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have a sg2 was debating the iPhone and sg3 but how much better does the sg3 compare to sg2 would you know? I have major problems with my sg2 with regards to battery life gonna go into Brighton tomorrow and get a 2nd phone!

My battery was dyer after 2 weeks of having my SG3, For my battery i have brought Better Battery Stats Apps from the play store - Think it was £1.40 odd and it tells you what's draining your battery and you stop the processor of said apps.

Also i have rooted my phone and and put the new jelly bean 4.1.2 and now my battery is even better. It has stopped all the bloatware that these mobile phone companies put on the phone and stops the battery draining. I now get around 36 - 48 hours once i have fully charged it.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I can't help but think that manufacturers should stop worrying about making phones smaller and slimmer all the time. People say the iPhone 5 is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4 but that the battery life is shoddy, why not just keep the phone the same size and fit a larger battery? I'm sure this would be much more appealing to the majority of people than a reducing the dimensions and weight very marginally. :shurg:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here