Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I love my iphone (Inspired by the season ticket renewal thread)

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I read somewhere some months back that the biggest sales drops because of smartphones were alarm clocks. I have no idea how true this is, but looks like it could be.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The sprit level is about as accurate as a Friday night drunk trying to pee into the bowl!

Clock, nope.
Games, nope
Films/TV, nope

A lot of it is very useful though.

The measuring device on mine is out at least 3 inches. My demonstration in the Apple Store in Regents Street is still talked about to this day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
My first smart phone
2e5c250b41b140275f1dc61dbecdb400.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I used to love my Blackberry’s, until they brought out the touchscreen one with the keyboard that slid down(might have been called Torch), that was a poor phone. Got the missus an iPhone 4 and liked it. After road testing a Nokia 920 windows phone, it’s been Apple all the way for me.

I used my BlackBerry Curve until it fell to pieces because I liked the keyboard and then got another one because the price had dropped so far. But after that I went over to iPhone and love it. So much so that when the one I had on (expired) contract fell into some water and was ruined (luckily everything was backed up), I got a reconditioned one second hand for around £100. It's not as useful as a work tool because of the on-screen keypad but all the other stuff is fantastic. I'm not saying other phones aren't ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The maps/routes are better than sat navs. A friend had a house warming party two years ago, and our sat nav couldn't find the new build, but my phone could.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
:facepalm: this is meant to be a 'how amazing smart phones are' thread

I wasnt intending to turn it into an apple/android battle and never said apple are better, it was aimed at those who say they have no need for a smart phone or dont want one

oh and heres a few more uses Ive thought of;

walkman/music player
kindle reading app
spirit level
torch

Amazing to think we used to have seperate devices/piece of equipment for all of these things and now they are all contained in one item (generally in better quality) and all in one tiny package

I strongly suggest you don't rely too much on a 6" phone as a levelling device!!

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Found a new one last night - as a coaster for my beer last night on my soft unstable sofa arm

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I went to buy a camera a while back and the man in the shop told me not to bother with anything under £500 as I had a better camera on my iPhone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here