Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I hoped for more, Grimsby

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
On a forum that has ditched its ‘support your local team’ attitude to accept a vlogger born in a another continent, 10 page threads moaning about a bit of pushing and shoving at Norwood Junction post Palace (a), moaning about paper balls being thrown on the pitch today, folk asking for advice on what to do after being hit with a bottle at Leicester, grown adults starting threads for help getting from Brighton station to Falmer station … this, this is exactly the comment I wanted to see to reassure me a once great fanbase is still alive and kicking & it’s hardly surprising that it’s come from someone living in the best country in Europe.

Congrats today now go on and win it :bhasign:
Ooooh...you're hard

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
What a great read that Grimsby forum thread is. 👍

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"The Pyramid is often waved around the place like a holy relic, a set of footballing rosary beads. But there was evidence here also of the fun, the joy, the boisterous life of English football’s matchday culture. Afternoons such as this are not an add-on or a clog in the schedule: this is the elite game’s basic power source, the layers below the layers. Travelling away, finding a shared voice, bumping up against other human beings: this is why football works, why we get to have a billionaire‑backed global product, how this thing was built in the first place."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ters-kill-grimsby-dream-on-day-to-cherish-cup

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think that some have taken my post the wrong way. I wasn't in any way being dismissive or belittling Grimsby, I just genuinely wanted us to have to fight more than we did. I watched them play against Southampton and they seemed to be more fired-up for that game, than against us.
Yes, I know that Saints are a bit rubbish, at the moment, but they are still a Premier League team and, as pointed out previously, still 3 leagues above Grimsby.
I simply wanted a closer, more exciting match to watch, and yes, I give them full credit for their amazing run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here